My crested geckos!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My crested geckos!

Well! I have two crested geckos. An adult male crested, and a baby crested. I rescued the adult from a family whom didn't want him anymore and was ready to let him outside! Was in the middle of the HOT TEXAS summer! Couldn't let them do that. He was my first gecko, ever. I've previously only had bearded dragons.

Better yet, it's probably the best thing I ever did... I love geckos now! I always thought I wasn't gonna be a gecko fan... but turns out, I was wrong!

When I got him, he was doing really good... till a few weeks later. He got a skin infection on his back, and got really bad. Was AWFUL. To the point, where some people on other forums thought he was gonna have to be put down. Though, I didn't want that. I took him to the vet, and asked what we could do. The vet thought he wasn't gonna make it, but had a slight chance that he could. So he gave me some oral medicine(if your interested in what, just let me know and i'll find the bottle and post). Got his daily medicine for about 4 weeks... I also bumped up the humidity to about the mid 80s to help him with the aid of getting the infection off.

-----WARNING VERY GRAPHIC---------

Several weeks after, the battle continued. He was doing well... extremely well. He healed up... infection went away. Though.... he has a scar to remember the fight. Some, may not like the scar, but yet I think he's a good lookin' gecko!

Here's some pictures of the baby gecko!
    These are some quite older pictures in the beginning, but on the bottom is newer.

Oh my goodness that is horrible. I'm glad you could take such good care and see him through too recovery. I have a special needs gecko I'm caring for too.
    0.0.3 Crested Geckos -Babies: Blaze and Bandit- Juvenile: Thicket
    0.2.0 Rats. Muffin and Gremlin
    0.0.11 Tropical fish

Comment

So awesome that you took him in and saved him and never gave up. I kinda think the scar makes him unique, that's my opinion. He looked like he was going through some great pain during the worse stages. So sad.
      Working with Cresties and Eurydactylodes Agricolae.

Comment

You are incredible to give him a chance at life! HUGE kudos to you!
        ~ Dorothy ~

4.7 Crested Gecko ~ 2.0.1 Chahoua ~ 0.1 Gargoyle
        1.2 Leopard Gecko ~ 1.0 Bearded Dragon ~ 1.1 Pictus
        1.0 Anole ~ 1.0 Box Turtle ~ 1.0 Tree Frog

Comment

oh my god I just cried. that is so horrible looking, poor baby! You are my new hero for being able to save him and give him a happy life now! thats incredible
          2.1.3 cresteds, 1.0 coral snow, and 0.1 sunglow corn snake, 1.0 pastel ball python

Comment

Well done for aiding the baby through a terrible time, you are awesome, that sore looks awful

Comment

Thats awesome!
              [[ 0.1.0 Red Tail Boa - Portrait ]] ~ [[ 1.0.0 Ball Python - Spartacus ]] ~ [[0.1.0 Leopard Gecko - 'Shroom ]] [[ 0.1.0 Argentine Black & White Tegu - Dragonfly ]] ~ [[ 0.1.1 Cresties - Dotcom & Charmander ]] ~ [[ 1.1.0 Dogs - Jose Cuervo & Sheeta ]]

Looking for a breeding pair of orange eyed crocodile skinks. Cant seem to find them anywhere

Comment

Kudos to you for doing such a wonderful thing! I've never seen anything like that on a reptile-that really is something horrible :/
                Glad he is doing well! He is a cute little one

Comment

I find myself in three seperate states of mind: one, to the person who caused this, anger, and a well deserved party smack to the forehead should be in store. Two, shaken, goosebumbs are running down my neck and three, happyhappyjoyjoy as he is looking so much better.
                  R. Cilatus: 5.5.4.20
                  G. Gekko: 0.2
                  G. Ulikovskii 0.1
                  P. Turnerii 1.0

Comment

So happy to see he is healthy now after the battle. That infection looks horrible and how strong he was to come through with your help. That baby is a cutie too! Scars are a sign of survival. Not always a bad thing!

Rachodactylus Ciliatus

MUNKEY, PEACHES, MORROW, THIMBLE, KILI, GOLLUM, FALCOR, CHEECH & VALENTINE

Rachodactylus Auriculatus
                    1.2.1 KEKO, ARRO, PEBBLES & FALCOR

Comment

Oh my goodness that is horrible. I'm glad you could take such good care and see him through too recovery. I have a special needs gecko I'm caring for too.
                      I know, it was a disaster, was very troubling and hard. And i'm glad as well! And yourself has a special needs gecko? oooh, I'd like to see that!

So awesome that you took him in and saved him and never gave up. I kinda think the scar makes him unique, that's my opinion. He looked like he was going through some great pain during the worse stages. So sad.
                      Thank you! When I'm given a task, I don't give up till I am satisfied. Sometimes thats a good thing, sometimes it isnt. And yup, that's exactly my thought. Paco with a scar, makes him a unique gecko that has a whole story to tell! And honestly, I don't think he had much pain. I was able to touch it and whatnot, and he wouldn't jump or anything. I still held him, etc... while he was going through this horrible situation.

You are incredible to give him a chance at life! HUGE kudos to you!
                      Thank you! I believe that everyone, and EVERYTHING has a second chance if life allows it. THANKS!

oh my god I just cried. that is so horrible looking, poor baby! You are my new hero for being able to save him and give him a happy life now! thats incredible
                      Ahh, don't cry! He's all better now! and awh, hero to you? Thanks, haha. I'm glad that I was able to save him as well. I hope he has many years ahead of him with me, it'll be an incredible journey together!

Well done for aiding the baby through a terrible time, you are awesome, that sore looks awful
                      Ahh, it was the adult that had the troublesome. Not the baby. If you got confused. I got the baby gecko a while after the adult gecko's infection. And thank you, it sure did look awful.

Thats awesome!
                      THANK YOU

Kudos to you for doing such a wonderful thing! I've never seen anything like that on a reptile-that really is something horrible :/
                      Glad he is doing well! He is a cute little one
                      Thank you very much! And trust me, I never seen anything like it either. It is horrible, your right. And I'm so happy he's doing so much better now! I sure do think he is a cute one, regardless of the scar or not!

I find myself in three seperate states of mind: one, to the person who caused this, anger, and a well deserved party smack to the forehead should be in store. Two, shaken, goosebumbs are running down my neck and three, happyhappyjoyjoy as he is looking so much better.
                      And yeah, I know.... I was in very mixed emotions when it all happened. And now that he's doing better, I'm at peace now! Just enjoying him, and watching him live his life happy now!

So happy to see he is healthy now after the battle. That infection looks horrible and how strong he was to come through with your help. That baby is a cutie too! Scars are a sign of survival. Not always a bad thing!
                      I know, it's a good feeling! It sure was horrible! And I always told him he's a warrior gecko! Not a crested gecko! And bess, I agree the baby is a cutie pie as well! But yes, scars are signs of survival, regardless of how bad they look! Like the old saying, "chicks dig scars!"

Comment

When I saw this I freaked out. I have looked and looked and looked but I have never found the right thing. My crested gecko has this same thing! What was the medicine you gave him?

Comment

Congrats on saving this crestie. Anything you can share about nursing him back to health is welcome. I would like to learn as much as I can about gecko health.

Comment

Unfortunately, the user who posted this thread has not used their account in over two years. I doubt we will know which medication they used or hear further details of how they nursed their gecko back to good health.
                            Osgeckos, the best I could advise is taking your gecko to the vet and using whatever medication they give you. If you want to ensure you're getting the best medication for your gecko, you could ask multiple vets and go with the most recommended solution.
                            12.18.18 Correlophus Ciliatus
                            1.0.0 Eublepharis Macularius

Grim Geckos
                            >Instagram<
                            >Facebook<

Comment

Working...
                            X