Paper towel for substrate...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paper towel for substrate...

Found from many on here that this is a great idea especially for the little fellas. This may sound dumb, but what brand do you use? My wife typically gets the cheap walmart brand of paper towel. It seems like after misting the cage once or twice the stuff falls apart. Im not trying to change the paper towel out daily. That seems like to much of a headache and too much stress to be changing the tank around every day.

I don't buy real expensive ones...the store brand works fine for me. I know I have seen some at Dollar Store that look too thin and not very absorbent...those would probably tear easily. Also..when you mist...mist from the top down...the paper towel doesn't get as wet and will last longer. You don't want to DRENCH it...just moisten a bit.
    MyRhacdiction

1.1.3 Cresties, 1.1 Gargs, 1.0 Leopard Gecko
    I want a Chewie and a Rubber Boa next)))))))
    Let's just say my house is a zoo)

Comment

I usually like the Bounty brand that has 6in squares instead of the 12in cuts. It makes it easier to lay them out in the tank.

Comment

When I used paper towels I went with Bounty because they are absorb the most water so it's not pooling in the bottom of the tank or tub after you mist the tank. It's also more "fluffy" and harder for them to tear off (which is why I stopped using paper towels) than other brands.
        http://www.facebook.com/BlueMoonExotics

Comment

Originally posted by Gecko Girl View Post
          When I used paper towels I went with Bounty because they are absorb the most water so it's not pooling in the bottom of the tank or tub after you mist the tank. It's also more "fluffy" and harder for them to tear off (which is why I stopped using paper towels) than other brands.
          Great! Thanks, kind of hard to explain how the paper towels look. They just look flaky

Comment

Hehe I get my paper towels on sale at Costco :P Good way to get some of the better bands for cheaper overall.

Comment

If you have really cheap (i.e. thin, flimsy) paper towels, you can always double up on the layers so there will be more to absorb.
              ~Cassi

www.facebook.com/NaturesAuraPhotography

Comment

I use the one with the lumber jack dude haha those dont tear as easy.
                1.1.6 Crested Gecko
                1.0.0 Ball Python

Comment

I also use bounty. Their thick and hold moisture well and they are 12x12 so they fit perfectly in my 12x12x18 . I usually put one or two pieces and it never rips!

Comment

I like Target's brand (Up & Up, I think) Select-A-Size paper towels. The fit perfectly into a 6qt Sterilite bin so I prefer it for baby/juvenile tubs. It seems to hold up pretty well, too.
                    Specializing in Crested Geckos
                    Working with Uromastyx | Uroplatus | PI Chahoua
                    Also keeping: Australian Shepherds (Chester & Sadie)
                    Moon Valley Reptiles | MVR @iherp | Facebook

Comment

i use bounty or sparkle...those two brands work well for me.
                      Black Foxx Exotics
                      1.0.4 Cresteds (Frito,Boing,Queso,Brulee, Rhubarb)
                      0.0.2 Reticulated Gargoyle (Tonks, Remus)
                      0.0.1 Red Matrix Koch's Day Gecko (Little Green Meanie)

Comment

I use the Costco recycled. They fit the bottom of the cages well and don't tear or flake when wet.
                        Crested Geckos 3.2
                        Yorkie M
                        Siamese F
                        Twins (human, 9 yrs) F

Comment

Working...
                        X