Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eyelashexotics
    replied
    Brain damage? Possibly, my kids aren't the image of intelligence (JUST KIDDING!) I've had babies/adults leap suddenly from my hands to the floor, nothing has happened yet, if they're that good at jumping, they have to be good at landing

Leave a comment:

• RhacGod
    replied
    do u think its ok if they land on hard wood floors?

Leave a comment:

• LCH
    replied
    Oops! I was thinking of cilia like the ones in cell matter. Their feet pads are covered in small sticky 'hairs' which are similar to cilia, which is how I got mixed up, but thanks for clearing that up!

Leave a comment:

• Ron Ritzer
    replied
    ...Cilia is Latin for eyelashes and refers to their crests which resemble eyelashes. But yes, they have sticky feet, due to the setae on their feet which is Latin for bristles.

Leave a comment:

• LCH
    replied
    I've also been freaked out when a crestie suddenly decides to 'THUMP' right off me onto the ground, but as limegreenartist says above, as long as they land on their feet they're generally fine.

When you handle your little guy/gal, you can watch their toes to know when they're going to jump. Cresties have the name 'ciliatus' because they have velcro-like 'cilia' on their feet and cling to surfaces unless they lift their toes up, so they have to move those little toe pads whenever they want to jump. Always keep one hand in front of the gecko so they have a place to land.

Leave a comment:

• limegreenartist
    replied
    as long as they land on their feet they should be fine this species is built to jump from tree branch to treebranch. the only issues could arise if they don't land on their feet or if they have mbd (weaker bones)

Leave a comment:

• RhacGod
    started a topic Crested gecko experience

Crested gecko experience

I was just wondering if anybody has had there crested geckos unexpectedly jump onto the ground and if so can it cause brain damage thnx
Working...
X