My Newest Babies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Newest Babies

Here are my new babies. I weighed them both last night, and they are a whopping 3 grams each! Their names are Fiyero and Boq.
    Can anyone tell me what their morphs are? I was told one (Fiyero) was a flame, but I have no idea. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks!

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	1079016

Name:	photo 2.jpg
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	1079017

Name:	photo 3.jpg
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	1079015
    0.0.4 Rhacodactylus ciliatus
    1.0 Tupinambis teguixin
    0.0.1 Heterodon nasicus
    0.0.8 Hymenochirus sp.
    0.1 Eublepharis macularius

The first one looks like a flame and the second one is a patternless. Also you want to switch from the substrate to paper towels so you can see if they are pooping.

4.3.3.6-Crested Geckos
    1.1-Bearded Dragons
    1.1-Pitt Bulls
    2.0-Fancy Rats
    1.0-Mali Uromastyx

Comment

The guy I got them from said they like to poop on the walls (as evidenced by white clouding and little black smudges on the plastic). They have had CGD 3.0 since they got home last night, and I mist with distilled water (as well as a small bowl of water, not very deep.
      I like to exhibit my animals, rather than keeping them in a rubbermaid tote. Besides changing a more natural enclosure to a more sterile one, is there anything you guys would recommend?
      1.0 Tupinambis teguixin
      0.0.1 Heterodon nasicus
      0.0.8 Hymenochirus sp.

Comment

substrate....

Paper towel is recommended for other reasons too. There have been many people that have had issues with Cresties swallowing the loose substrate...and that can cause impaction which can KILL your gecko.

Paper towel is MUCH safer for little ones especially. Once you have adults you may be able to use loose substrate again...with caution.

I am assuming you have these guys housed together? Looks like the same viv from the pics.
        Please watch closely for signs of bullying..and MONITOR their weights.

If you happen to have two males in there...eventually they WILL fight and one could even be killed. Males do NOT get along at ALL and should NEVER be housed together.

If you got two females...there IS a possibility that you can house them together...but you still need to be watchful because sometimes one will try to be dominant over the other...kind of a pecking order type thing.

IF you happen to have a male and a female.... PLEASE research breeding...females should NEVER be mated until they are at LEAST 35g.
        That does NOT mean that a male and a female can NOT mate before then...think of it like two 14 year old kids...SHOULD they? Of course not!!!
        WILL they? In a NY split second!!!!!

Premature breeding is VERY VERY bad for young females and CAN cause death.

If you happen to have a loupe you may be able to sex them...that way you know what you're dealing with.

I have not purchased a loupe yet...but I have one 8g little juvie that seems to be already developing a bulge...and I have a 14g juvie that
        I thought was a boy...but no bulge yet Some tend to pop out later though.

Good luck with your Cresties This is a GREAT place to read and learn.

Also...I agree with Flame and Patternless.
        MyRhacdiction

1.1.3 Cresties, 1.1 Gargs, 1.0 Leopard Gecko
        I want a Chewie and a Rubber Boa next)))))))
        Let's just say my house is a zoo)

Comment

Just to calm any fears, I work at our local AZA accredited zoo, and have been specializing in herps for the last 7 years. Just because these are my first cresties doesn't mean this I'd my first rodeo. I don't aim to be mean, but rather show you I'm not a random idiot who decided they looked cool.
          1.0 Tupinambis teguixin
          0.0.1 Heterodon nasicus
          0.0.8 Hymenochirus sp.

Comment

Awesome! I'm sure you will do fine) I just see SO many people that think they need to be kept like a Leo or a Beardie...at high heat or on sand with no foliage.
            MyRhacdiction

Comment

Also...

For what it's worth...I know that zoo. I also have a good friend that works there and breeds Rhacs..I'm sure you know her))))
              MyRhacdiction

Comment

Working...
              X