First clutch hatches!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First clutch hatches!!

Within the last 48 hours, the first clutch I have known about from the moment they were laid, HAS HATCHED!!!! Being very diligent with record keeping, here are the specifics:
    Egg1 laid March 18, room temperature, 1.3g Egg2 also laid March 18, also room temp, .8g! Kinda surprised at the weight difference and a little concerned at the same time. I have NEVER heard of such a low birth weight. All the other babies that I have had weighed 1.3 - 1.6g. I even re-weighed several times to make sure of the low number. I am feeding straight CGD from Day 1 with all my geckos. Is there any way to get some weight on this little one? Maybe some sort of ICU with warmer than room temps and higher humidity? From the markings I can see, I think it will turn out to be FANTASTIC!! I really don't want to see this one pass. Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated! Pics soon, I promise!!
    "May luck and happiness follow you and may you be shielded from misfortune." -Brisingr, book 3 of the Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini

1.4.6.1 Crested Geckos, 2.1 Dogs, 1.1 Cats, 2.1 Lovebirds, 1.0.1 Other Reptiles

As promised...PICTURES!!!!! The first one is the little one I am concerned about. I have named it Isenstar. The second is the larger of the 2, 1.3g. Named it Daret.
    Attached Files
    "May luck and happiness follow you and may you be shielded from misfortune." -Brisingr, book 3 of the Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini

Comment

I've had a preemie hatch 3 wks early at .6 gm. I sprayed him twice a day, kept CGD on hand, and at 3 wks old s/he weighs in at 1.0gm.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1963.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	1056669
      I didn't see any poop for almost 3 weeks, talk about stress! S/he is now pooping every other day with evidence of CGD consumption

to contrast, here is a pic of my preemie @ 1.0 gm with a gecko born 5/25 @ 1.6 gm
      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1974.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	1056670

I wish you the very best with your little one.
      Be the change you want to see in the world. -M Ghandi

4.4.25.10 Rhacodactylus Ciliatus

http://www.teeny-dragons.com/

Comment

I'll just be very observant with the little one. From some of the other threads I've seen lately, A LOT of people are getting hatchlings with low weights. Wish I had a way of doing the 'low and slow' method of incubating.....

Comment

I love it's pattern too, that's why I am a little concerned about weight. Really want to see what it develops into.
          Average room temp: 74 degrees. Not too sure on humidity but assuming around 65-68% according to the gauges in the other tanks.

Comment

Working...
          X