15 grams too soon to sex?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15 grams too soon to sex?

One of my newest critters, Chili, has been growing great and is now over 15 g. Trying to determine if he is actually a she. I bought Chili without a tail and I'm not used to seeing cresties with no tails and figuring out the elusive "bulge". I know these pics aren't the greatest for figuring things out, but I would love any opinions you could shoot my way. Thanks!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Chili bulge.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	1077183
    Can't tell if it's just the tail stub or if there's something protruding!

Name:	Chili bulge 2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	1077184
    Things are so much easier to see in my obvious male 28 g gecko!

Name:	Chili.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	1077185
    Here's a good shot to show that I don't see any bulge on either side of the tail nub.

I don't see a bulge there, so I'd say she's *probably* female... though boys sometimes are late bloomers, so I personally wouldn't be 100% sure till after she's over 20g. (I think it was Melissa who had one drop a bulge all of a sudden last year at 22g, too? LOL)

Comment

Agree female but give it till 20ish
      4.3.7 Crested Gecko
      0.1.1 Gargoyle Gecko

Facebook
      Rhacs Unlimited

Comment

I'll keep my fingers crossed that I got lucky and bought 3 females, but don't normally have that good luck!! Guess it would be a little heartbreaking to think you have this beautiful female growing up and then all of a sudden BAM the bulge drops. I am cautiously optimistic, but will wait a while longer to see if there are any new "developments." Thanks for your opinions!

Comment

Looks like a girl to me. If you're really curious you can get a loupe and look for pores.
          1.1.0 E. agricolae

Comment

I've watched several videos and read up on the whole pore thing and still don't feel confident that even if I looked through a loupe that I would know what the heck I was looking at!! I appreciate the suggestion, but think that I will just play the waiting game and hope nothing drops lol

Comment

Working...
            X