Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clarks or repashy?

hi,

i bought some clarks complete diet, but it is more of a liquid when i make it. i heard that repashy and clarks are supposed to be more of a paste. if it is supposed to be a paste then how do i make it properly, because i do 1 part clarks and 2 parts water and its liquid-ish. should i try 2 parts clarks and 1 part water?

please let me know,
    cole
    Correlophus ciliatus x5 (Bella, mango, tiny, butterscotch and daisy, and yes daisy is a boy)

Mniargekko Chahoua x1 (Java chip)

Rhombodera stalli x5

also it makes it hard to tell if my cresties are eating. i just forgot to add that.
    Correlophus ciliatus x5 (Bella, mango, tiny, butterscotch and daisy, and yes daisy is a boy)

Rhombodera stalli x5

Comment

The 1 part to 2 parts is by weight, not volume. Since water weighs a lot more than powder, if you go by volume you will end up with liquid food.

I make mine into a brownie batter consistency, and don't worry about measuring. If its too thick, I just add a tiny bit more water.
      www.harleygecko.com : Color, Contrast, Structure
      Specializing in Harlequins and Pinstripes in Red, Cream and Yellow
      3.9.20+ crested geckos
      Harley - my first gecko, retired and spoiled
      Pickle - unsexed leachie

Comment

Oh, I had no idea it was by weight. I always looked at my food and eyeballed the water in it for a decent, thick-milkshake consistency and wondered why the 1 part diet, 2 parts water seemed too watery.
        My collection

Comment

Think A1 steak sauce. Repashy's CGD rules.
          Check out what's happening! Great Lakes Vivarium Group

Comment

Mine was too watery too using the 1 part 2 part method and now I know why. I started with adding little bits of water and that worked better.

Comment

I've used both and never had a problem.
              3.3.? Cresteds- Luther, Murdoch, Io, Lozen, Bessie, Bennett & babies

2.0.0 Cats- Batman, Mu

iHerp profile

Comment

lol i had the same problem. i just added more CGD to get it thick enough.
                lavender cream flame, 8mths old on December 27 2011. Sven Cal, 7g 27/12/11, 9g 12-1-12, 41g 15-11-12

Comment

Oh, That just made up for school, lol. Thanks guys a lot!

Rhombodera stalli x5

Comment

Aha...I am new to this and was thinking the CGD was to watery as well. Weight not volume makes sense...the A1 steak sauce consistency helps!!!! I have just been adding a little more CGD. Does that affect the nutrient ratio of the food when I do that?

Comment

It is by volume not by weight? I mix one tsp. repashy to 2 tsp. water...no problem ever. I haven't tried Clarke's...
                      Lisa

Comment

Working...
                      X