X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• live plants

What kind of live plants do you use for your geckos

I use Pothos, Mother-in-Laws Tongue & Dracaena in my vivs
    4.1 Dogs: Baringer, Riesling, Trunks, Tebow & Dante 1.0 Sulcata: Cavin 1.1 KSB: Mordecei & P.B. 2.2.6 Gargoyles: Venture, Triana, LSP, Nyx, 21 & 24 0.2 Leopard Geckos: Videl & Eclipse 1. 0AFT: Rigby 7.7.19 Cresties: Ghost, Drayven, Morzan, Jelly, Esme, Peach, Marcelene, Ino, Chi, Haven, Tsunade, Senju, Cinna, Tribute, Jiraya, Iruka, Kurama, Seelie, Kushina, Tada & Iyrony 1.0 Short Tailed Opossum: Daubie

Comment

I have pothos, but plan to add wandering jew and some kind of bromeliad.
      My collection

Comment

Pothos and snake plant.
        Currently keeping Correlophus ciliatus, Pantherophis guttatus, Trachemys scripta elegans, and Hemitheconyx caudicinctus.
        I have also kept Phelsuma klemmeri, Eublepharis macularius, Rhacodactylus auriculatus, and Lampropeltis getula californiae.

Comment

"rubber" tree, and philodendron. many people warn against philodendron but i havent had any problems and as a matter of fact i havent even heard a "nightmare" story of anyones gecko with philodendron.
          Aum

Comment

I use a ton of different plants all of which I checked the list to okay them. Let me see if I can get the link.

Comment

http://www.pangeareptile.com/forums/...st-(rhac-safe)

I have 2 local exotic pet stores near me that both sell a variety of plants so I printed this page & every time I go to buy a plant I check this list to be safe. You can go to a local nursery as well. If you don't want to use day light bulbs I suggest getting low light plants. Also, I would advise against any dessert plants since you mist your cresties cage daily. It is probably to wet for then.

Comment

Originally posted by StephenS View Post
                "rubber" tree, and philodendron. many people warn against philodendron but i havent had any problems and as a matter of fact i havent even heard a "nightmare" story of anyones gecko with philodendron.
                I also have never heard of a disaster story about crested geckos with philodendron...but I think that's because we all generally avoid using that plant with our geckos. Its good that you haven't had any problems with it, but don't let that give you any illusions. Philodendron is toxic. While I haven't heard any crestie-related stories, I have heard plenty of "nightmare" stories involving cats, dogs, iguanas, bearded dragons, water dragons, etc. I personally don't think its worth the risk. I also haven't heard any tales of horror with the use of Croton, Ivy, or Money Tree with crested geckos, but knowing that they are generally found on the "dangerous" list & that there have been bad reactions to them by other reptiles is enough to keep me clear of them.

Pothos is safe...and just as hardy, beautiful, and inexpensive.
                Kim
                29.51 Cresties
                www.thegeckogeek.com
                Facebook
                My iHerp

Comment

Ive got a bromeliad, dracaena, and a tillandsia on a piece of driftwood in my planted tank. My gecko loves hiding in the dracaena's leaves during the day, and it has held up amazingly well.

Comment

Working...
                  X