Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PLEASE HELP!!!

Hi everyone,

My crested gecko Charlotte just managed to escape her cage, and now I can't find her. I have been setting out food, and I have torn my room apart, but I can't find her. I am going to thoroughly go through another one tomorrow, but does anyone have any suggestions for helping me find her? Is there any way to help attract her?
    I appreciate any suggestions!

Please help Charlotte:

Sara B.
    Crested Geckos 2.0.0
    www.cresties4cancer.webs.com
    cresties4cancer@yahoo.com

someone lost theirs a few days ago and some good ideas were given in this thread

http://pangeareptile.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51530
    0.1 R. Ciliatus- Sandy
    1.0 R. Leachianus- Sativa (Nuu Ami)
    1.0 DLH Cat- Diesel
    0.1 Nova Scotia Duck Toller (Coming home soon)

Comment

I read something once about a lost tegu but that might not be helpful in your case.....sprinkling some sort of non toxic powder (maybe baking soda?) all over the floor to trace footprints...make sure if your checking one room you close all doors and turn up all furniture and look under and inside of EVERYTHING...or put plastic bags on the floor to see if you hear her in the middle of the night...I dont know what else you could do maybe someone else will chime in with some helpful advice. sorry this happened and I hope you find her. Oh! Check windows too they may be attracted to the light and open space!

Comment

Found ours on the top edge of the window moulding, behind the drapes.

good luck!!

Comment

Be careful not to squish the crestie in your search. I believe JayBee (correct me if I'm wrong) found her crestie at the bottom of the garbage. And if you have other pets, such as cats and dogs, you should put them somewhere where your gecko for sure isn't.
          3.3.3.0 Crested geckos
          0.1.0.0 Leopard geckos

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggles View Post
            I read something once about a lost tegu but that might not be helpful in your case.....sprinkling some sort of non toxic powder (maybe baking soda?) all over the floor to trace footprints...make sure if your checking one room you close all doors and turn up all furniture and look under and inside of EVERYTHING...or put plastic bags on the floor to see if you hear her in the middle of the night...I dont know what else you could do maybe someone else will chime in with some helpful advice. sorry this happened and I hope you find her. Oh! Check windows too they may be attracted to the light and open space!
            The suggestion in the other thread was calcium powder.

I hope you find your baby! It's gotta be the summer air or something because geckos are getting loose left and right.
            Emily Kay*

6.2.2 R. ciliatus/ Columbo, Shnitzel, Spot, Warhol, Camden, Miso, Doodlebug Betty White, Mango, Poppy, Peggy Sue
            1.0.2 R. auriculatus/ Walter, Olive, Violet, Twiggy
            0.2.1 E. macularius/ Cleo, Picard, Kiwi
            0.1.1 P. Vitticeps/Waffles, Ehtel
            0.1.0 C.c. calyptratus/Pickles
            3.1 Canis lupus familiaris/ Claire, Marty, Sidney, Frank

Comment

Originally posted by Xuniet View Post
              Be careful not to squish the crestie in your search. I believe JayBee (correct me if I'm wrong) found her crestie at the bottom of the garbage. And if you have other pets, such as cats and dogs, you should put them somewhere where your gecko for sure isn't.
              I believe that was me :P ... unless Jaybee had a similar experience heh

They can be literally anywhere, so just be careful, and look EVERYWHERE. They tend to like small, dark places... but can also be up high, like on top of a picture frame or window sill or something... good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Xuniet View Post
                Yah, that one wasn't me. I found one of mine high up in a curtain hanging and another one, I found by shutting off the lights in the room and just listening for 5 minutes. Pretty soon I heard the "thump" of clumsy crestie feet trying to jump. That was a baby, too... was amazed at how loud they can be.

Check where the walls meet the floor as well. Not all walls are easily climbable.
                JBsCresties.com & Facebook & Instagram, oh my

Comment

Working...
                X