Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So get this...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by reptikim View Post
    Our LPS, Rainforest Pets, really tee'd me off by putting on their application "CANNOT BE FROM PETCO OR PETSMART, YOU ARE NOT EDUCATIONALLY CORRECT." And the Houston area local stores are almost as expensive as retail. I'll never win LOL.
    i bet if you talked to them being from petco or petsmart wouldn't be a problem if they know you actually know your stuff.
    Revolution Reptiles

    6.16.Lots Rhacodactylus ciliatus 2.4 Rhacodactylus leachianus 1.2.1 Rhacodactylus auriculatus 1.1 Nephrurus Deleani 3.1.2 Paroedura pictus 0.0.2 Phelsuma grandis 1.1 Salamandra s. salamandra 0.1 Tribolonotus gracilis 0.0.1 Teratoscincus kyserlingi 0.0.9 Different Dendrobates. And a Few more

    Comment


    • #17
      Thats true, I've been in there a couple of times because I wanted to get a prairie dog and they had the Richardson's ground squirrels I think and they really seemed uneducated. I know if I worked there they'd probably hate me from over correcting from being OCD lol. When I open some days at Petsmart, I do so many things against rules to help them not suffer. Our leos and beardies are SO perky and growing awesome from my personal schedule feedings lol
      Cresties: Taco and Waffles. Beardies: Yoshi. Tokay: Jacobi

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by reptikim View Post
        Thats true, I've been in there a couple of times because I wanted to get a prairie dog and they had the Richardson's ground squirrels I think and they really seemed uneducated. I know if I worked there they'd probably hate me from over correcting from being OCD lol. When I open some days at Petsmart, I do so many things against rules to help them not suffer. Our leos and beardies are SO perky and growing awesome from my personal schedule feedings lol
        lol i was always the one opening doing feedings and i did the same things there would be to many beardies in one cage so i would make up excuses to set up tanks in the back in order to keep them from harming eachother. I hate that for beardies they concider fresh greens "treats" they only have the option to eat greens for 2 hours durring the day other than that their regular diet is only supposed to be crickets. And that pelleted crap that all the vegetable eaters are supposed to get i never not once fed that stuff to a single reptile they all got fresh greens. i would take the vegetables and hide them in the back of the cage behind something so i could get away with leaving them in there all day.
        Revolution Reptiles

        6.16.Lots Rhacodactylus ciliatus 2.4 Rhacodactylus leachianus 1.2.1 Rhacodactylus auriculatus 1.1 Nephrurus Deleani 3.1.2 Paroedura pictus 0.0.2 Phelsuma grandis 1.1 Salamandra s. salamandra 0.1 Tribolonotus gracilis 0.0.1 Teratoscincus kyserlingi 0.0.9 Different Dendrobates. And a Few more

        Comment


        • #19
          Lol I leave mine in there for like 4 hours. And I give extras in the evenings. I stopped opening because I was tired of it and with college lol. And I hated bedding change days ;_;
          Cresties: Taco and Waffles. Beardies: Yoshi. Tokay: Jacobi

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by reptikim View Post
            Lol I leave mine in there for like 4 hours. And I give extras in the evenings. I stopped opening because I was tired of it and with college lol. And I hated bedding change days ;_;
            i didn't mind deep cleaning so much because it made the day go by fast. what got me was when they would schedule me only 3 hours but have me deep cleaning something that would take 4 hours. Last time they had me deep clean apperently the back room workers were on a garbage strike and there were massive piles of garbage in the back so the manager back there stuck me with doing the job took an hour to get it all out. then i had to deap clean small animals with only 2 hours to do it which cannot be done. so then they forced me to stay after to finish oh man i was pissed.
            Revolution Reptiles

            6.16.Lots Rhacodactylus ciliatus 2.4 Rhacodactylus leachianus 1.2.1 Rhacodactylus auriculatus 1.1 Nephrurus Deleani 3.1.2 Paroedura pictus 0.0.2 Phelsuma grandis 1.1 Salamandra s. salamandra 0.1 Tribolonotus gracilis 0.0.1 Teratoscincus kyserlingi 0.0.9 Different Dendrobates. And a Few more

            Comment


            • #21
              OMG me too! I had a 7am-10am shift for birds... I had everything done by 10 am for birds and then realized I didn't do the large cage. And then, they asked me to stay til 1 because no mid shifter scheduled. I think the stores are toooo much alike lol.
              Cresties: Taco and Waffles. Beardies: Yoshi. Tokay: Jacobi

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by reptikim View Post
                OMG me too! I had a 7am-10am shift for birds... I had everything done by 10 am for birds and then realized I didn't do the large cage. And then, they asked me to stay til 1 because no mid shifter scheduled. I think the stores are toooo much alike lol.
                lol the one i worked at they dont ask you to stay they tell you that you have to. many times i was forced to stay after. When i speak to HR on monday i am going to be sure to tell them about this. The first time they ever had me working out of dates the one manager asked me to start doing the high quality dog food isle. She told me I had til the end of my shift which was only an hour and from what i was told by other employees that job takes almost an entire shift. When i told her there was no way i was gonna get it done in time she said if i didn't i would be staying til 3 am with her until it was done. needless to say when my shift ended i left lol she was none to happy about that.
                Revolution Reptiles

                6.16.Lots Rhacodactylus ciliatus 2.4 Rhacodactylus leachianus 1.2.1 Rhacodactylus auriculatus 1.1 Nephrurus Deleani 3.1.2 Paroedura pictus 0.0.2 Phelsuma grandis 1.1 Salamandra s. salamandra 0.1 Tribolonotus gracilis 0.0.1 Teratoscincus kyserlingi 0.0.9 Different Dendrobates. And a Few more

                Comment


                • #23
                  yea i do out of dates, holes, and price audits because the pet care manager is lazy
                  Cresties: Taco and Waffles. Beardies: Yoshi. Tokay: Jacobi

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by reptikim View Post
                    yea i do out of dates, holes, and price audits because the pet care manager is lazy
                    lol i feel the pain! well not anymore
                    Revolution Reptiles

                    6.16.Lots Rhacodactylus ciliatus 2.4 Rhacodactylus leachianus 1.2.1 Rhacodactylus auriculatus 1.1 Nephrurus Deleani 3.1.2 Paroedura pictus 0.0.2 Phelsuma grandis 1.1 Salamandra s. salamandra 0.1 Tribolonotus gracilis 0.0.1 Teratoscincus kyserlingi 0.0.9 Different Dendrobates. And a Few more

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      lol well good to know someone can relate to my petsmart vent-a-thons lol
                      Cresties: Taco and Waffles. Beardies: Yoshi. Tokay: Jacobi

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        I can relate... through my ex-wife.... she was the opener, used to come home and complain because half the time she was alone, or when she was supposed to have help, the other person, who had been there longer, would take the easy jobs and leave her with all the bedding changes etc...
                        Rhacodactylus ciliatus 7.4.4
                        Rhacodactylus auriculatus 0.0.2
                        Chamaeleo calyptratus 1.0.0
                        Gekko vittatus 1.0.0
                        Eublepharis macularius 0.0.1
                        iHerp

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by JackTheCrestie View Post
                          I can relate... through my ex-wife.... she was the opener, used to come home and complain because half the time she was alone, or when she was supposed to have help, the other person, who had been there longer, would take the easy jobs and leave her with all the bedding changes etc...
                          lol yep they do that to! from my understanding the 6am opener is supposed to be the one that does deep cleaning but everytime i would come in at 7 the lead in petcare would make me do the deap cleaning even though she was there at 6
                          Revolution Reptiles

                          6.16.Lots Rhacodactylus ciliatus 2.4 Rhacodactylus leachianus 1.2.1 Rhacodactylus auriculatus 1.1 Nephrurus Deleani 3.1.2 Paroedura pictus 0.0.2 Phelsuma grandis 1.1 Salamandra s. salamandra 0.1 Tribolonotus gracilis 0.0.1 Teratoscincus kyserlingi 0.0.9 Different Dendrobates. And a Few more

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            As the pet care lead and the one that usually opens most of the week and does the bedding changes, etc....I feel your pain. Birds are the worst imo. The room behind our bird enclosure is smaller then most because we are a small store. You can hardly pull the trays out! I've gotten used to it, but it's still not fun. And why must birds aim for the glass when they crap?

                            Small animals isn't a picnic either. Reptiles isn't bad though, I don't mind doing that.
                            https://www.facebook.com/Creptileroom

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by RevolutionReptiles View Post
                              lol yep they do that to! from my understanding the 6am opener is supposed to be the one that does deep cleaning but everytime i would come in at 7 the lead in petcare would make me do the deap cleaning even though she was there at 6
                              Oh yeah, that's messed up. I'm usually the 6am person and I do all of the deep cleaning on those days. I'd never leave it to the others! Then again, the next person to come in doesn't usually get there until 11 or noon.
                              https://www.facebook.com/Creptileroom

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Yea I'd come in at 7 am, or if I can in at 8 am the opener would be like hey clean the upstairs (on wednesday) and i was like hey its your job, I'm feeding :P
                                Cresties: Taco and Waffles. Beardies: Yoshi. Tokay: Jacobi

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X