So get this...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So get this...

At petsmart where I work there is a 12x12x18 tank I've asked to buy it was a customer return *TWO* years ago, was sitting in our quiet room with the bedding never changed and super dirty, and I cleaned out the entire quiet room and was like "hey, I'll offer $10 on this for a habitat for a rescue gecko." I asked our store manager, he said he'll ask district manager because "we could get fired" (when people have taken old pet care supplies A LOT before). Two weeks later, I come to work and the tank is gone and my note is still there saying "DO NOT TOUCH!"... I go to our receiving area and one of the openers kicked in the glass and broke it. I'm FURIOUS. No one gives a rats butt and I could have used it. And they wonder why I'm about to quit -.-. Sorry, had to vent.
    Cresties: Taco and Waffles. Beardies: Yoshi. Tokay: Jacobi

My Ex-wife used to work at petsmart, some of the horror stories she would come home with about the animals or how they are cared for would make me sick.
    Rhacodactylus ciliatus 7.4.4
    Rhacodactylus auriculatus 0.0.2
    Chamaeleo calyptratus 1.0.0
    Gekko vittatus 1.0.0
    Eublepharis macularius 0.0.1
    iHerp

Comment

We don't have care issues, only issue to me is we feed baby food and if I bring in an outside source of food that is against policy and not paid by petsmart I get in deep doodoo.

Comment

Don't you guys sell the repashy MRP at Petsmart?
        Help! Crested Geckos! 0.1.Leachie, 2.1.1 Gargs, 1.0 Chahoua, 2.1. Blue Tongue Skinks, 1.1. White Lined Geckos, 1.3. African Fat Tails, 2.2.0 Tokay Geckos, 1.0. Giant Day Gecko, 2 tarantulas

Comment

they throw out so many good products. the store i was working at nobody ever broke things so dumpster diving was always an option
          Revolution Reptiles

6.16.Lots Rhacodactylus ciliatus 2.4 Rhacodactylus leachianus 1.2.1 Rhacodactylus auriculatus 1.1 Nephrurus Deleani 3.1.2 Paroedura pictus 0.0.2 Phelsuma grandis 1.1 Salamandra s. salamandra 0.1 Tribolonotus gracilis 0.0.1 Teratoscincus kyserlingi 0.0.9 Different Dendrobates. And a Few more

Comment

Originally posted by Saille View Post
            Don't you guys sell the repashy MRP at Petsmart?
            most dont. the one i worked at had a pellet food for crested geckos makes me angry.
            Revolution Reptiles

6.16.Lots Rhacodactylus ciliatus 2.4 Rhacodactylus leachianus 1.2.1 Rhacodactylus auriculatus 1.1 Nephrurus Deleani 3.1.2 Paroedura pictus 0.0.2 Phelsuma grandis 1.1 Salamandra s. salamandra 0.1 Tribolonotus gracilis 0.0.1 Teratoscincus kyserlingi 0.0.9 Different Dendrobates. And a Few more

Comment

Originally posted by reptikim View Post
              We don't have care issues, only issue to me is we feed baby food and if I bring in an outside source of food that is against policy and not paid by petsmart I get in deep doodoo.
              That to me is a care issue... but I am not nitpicking what you are saying. The petsmart where I got Godzilla had a cricket in with him/her that was the size of the geckos head, not the size between the eyes, but the whole head.

I try to avoid petsmart/petco when I can, but sometimes I break down and go in to get a new tank or eco earth when I can't wait for my online order to arrive.
              Gekko vittatus 1.0.0
              iHerp

Comment

We don't have CGD because the supplier stopped supplying it to petsmart (?). So I was told. I didn't mean that the baby food isn't a care issue, I was more relating to the over drawn out hamster and bird crap that is spammed all over PETA from other stores.

But yea, our store smashes returned goods and slashes bags open so dumpster diving isn't able to do. One of the stockers gets a LOT of stuff he hides. Makes me SO annoyed.

Comment

Holy cow you mean they smashed it on purpose??? What a waste!

Society amazes me.
                  *** My "N" key is actig up. Luckily, there's no "N" in "crested gecko" or "Rhacodactylus ciliatus".***

2.3.9.12 cresties
                  0.2 cats
                  0.1 German Shepherd Dogs
                  1.1.2 humans (that's 1 adult male, 1 adult female (me), and two male juvies)

Comment

Originally posted by reptikim View Post
                    We don't have CGD because the supplier stopped supplying it to petsmart (?). So I was told. I didn't mean that the baby food isn't a care issue, I was more relating to the over drawn out hamster and bird crap that is spammed all over PETA from other stores.

But yea, our store smashes returned goods and slashes bags open so dumpster diving isn't able to do. One of the stockers gets a LOT of stuff he hides. Makes me SO annoyed.
                    apperently before the one lady became a store manager whenever someone wanted something they would just pull their vehicle up to the back after their shift and get it so dumpster diving didn't even have to be done there.
                    Revolution Reptiles

Comment

I don't think Petsmart sells CGD, Petco does though.

I'm so glad I work for a local pet store. I get to buy supplies for next to nothing all the time. Tanks, tank toppers, hanging plants. I set up all my cresteds tanks for under 30 dollars I would say, and that's counting the stuff I bought from the dollar store too of course.
                      "I believe that education is all about being excited about something. Seeing passion and enthusiasm helps push an educational message."-Steve Irwin​

Comment

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I angered two employees who seem to think they can clean our backroom and run the pet section without a problem. They tried throwing it out once, removing my note. I went back, got it, and put a new note saying the pet care manager, store manager, and asst store manager know that I'm holding it and if an issue they can call me. No one has confronted me about it, shows the mannerisms there -.-. And plus, I've been at petsmart 5 years in Feb, and the two girls both employed time couldn't equal mine together.

Comment

Originally posted by Jayne241 View Post

Society amazes me.
                          they technicaly arn't supposed to smash them for safety issues but before or after the store closes there are pre recorded employee anouncements that come over the loud speakers and one of the ones that are very common are one stating any object that cannot be resold has to be damaged in such a way that it is unusable so people dont take it out of the dumpster.
                          Revolution Reptiles

Comment

Originally posted by Jayne241 View Post

Society amazes me.
                            It doesn't amaze me anymore, I've seen some pretty horrific things in my life. (military deployments)

Is there a way you could get that stocker to help you?
                            Gekko vittatus 1.0.0
                            iHerp

Comment

Originally posted by leaveittoweaver View Post
                              I don't think Petsmart sells CGD, Petco does though.

I'm so glad I work for a local pet store. I get to buy supplies for next to nothing all the time. Tanks, tank toppers, hanging plants. I set up all my cresteds tanks for under 30 dollars I would say, and that's counting the stuff I bought from the dollar store too of course.
                              Our LPS, Rainforest Pets, really tee'd me off by putting on their application "CANNOT BE FROM PETCO OR PETSMART, YOU ARE NOT EDUCATIONALLY CORRECT." And the Houston area local stores are almost as expensive as retail. I'll never win LOL.

Comment

Working...
                              X