I don't think there's a problem.... yet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't think there's a problem.... yet

Okay, so doing my daily checks on the babies and I noticed one of my little ones looks like she started to shed right before she went to sleep this morning. The skin is all pale, its started to peel back on her snoot, and has split in her armpits... so I just misted her tank to boost the humidity so she doesn't dry out and we have a super incomplete shed...

Any suggestions on what I should do from here?
    Rhacodactylus ciliatus 7.4.4
    Rhacodactylus auriculatus 0.0.2
    Chamaeleo calyptratus 1.0.0
    Gekko vittatus 1.0.0
    Eublepharis macularius 0.0.1
    iHerp

sounds like you're doing everything right. Just let her work it out on her own.

Comment

I'd give her at least 24 hours to see if she can complete the shed herself. Keep the humidity cycle as it should be - too wet can cause problems too.

If it seems she can't get it off herself after a day or so, then give her a sauna and then use a wet Q tip to GENTLY rub the stuck shed. I like to put the gecko on my lap and put the Q tip against a leg (for example) and then slowly spin the Q tip so it rubs without pushing down.

Good luck!
      *** My "N" key is actig up. Luckily, there's no "N" in "crested gecko" or "Rhacodactylus ciliatus".***

2.3.9.12 cresties
      0.2 cats
      0.1 German Shepherd Dogs
      1.1.2 humans (that's 1 adult male, 1 adult female (me), and two male juvies)

Comment

Thanks, the humidity was at 60% and it's midday here, so a few squeezes of the trigger and a light misting, just don't want her to get dried out this way.
        Rhacodactylus ciliatus 7.4.4
        Rhacodactylus auriculatus 0.0.2
        Chamaeleo calyptratus 1.0.0
        Gekko vittatus 1.0.0
        Eublepharis macularius 0.0.1
        iHerp

Comment

Working...
        X