Bleeding when mating?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bleeding when mating?

I have a new male crested gecko that i believe is bleeding when he breeds. i seperated him from the girls.. i want to know if anyone knows what is going on.

Thanks
    Nikki
    (4.2.1) Crested Geckos

Can you post some pictures? Sometimes the hemipenes can get stuck out, called a hemipenal prolapse. If that's the case, I have a few tips I can give. but a picture would be helpful.
    Krystal

Gekkonidazed Geckos

Comment

Yeah, I'd be curious to see what this looks like... I remember the first time my ex saw my geckos mating, he freaked cause he thought the boy got bit and his guts were hanging out... hahaha, sure enough my boy licked his "guts" clean and put them back in his hemipenal bulge lol.

Comment

Originally posted by poison_iv View Post
        Yeah, I'd be curious to see what this looks like... I remember the first time my ex saw my geckos mating, he freaked cause he thought the boy got bit and his guts were hanging out... hahaha, sure enough my boy licked his "guts" clean and put them back in his hemipenal bulge lol.
        And that is the grossest thing I have ever seen.... makes me glad I'm a human and not a gecko... ewwwww
        Rhacodactylus ciliatus 7.4.4
        Rhacodactylus auriculatus 0.0.2
        Chamaeleo calyptratus 1.0.0
        Gekko vittatus 1.0.0
        Eublepharis macularius 0.0.1
        iHerp

Comment

I can post some pictures. but i can tell you right now he looks completely normal his private area looks normal. i found little puddles of blood twice and the second time i took him out.
          (4.2.1) Crested Geckos

Comment

I posted a pic of him on my page. I don't really know how to use the forum yet.
            (4.2.1) Crested Geckos

Comment

Could it be the female that is bleeding? Could it be from biting each other?
              *** My "N" key is actig up. Luckily, there's no "N" in "crested gecko" or "Rhacodactylus ciliatus".***

2.3.9.12 cresties
              0.2 cats
              0.1 German Shepherd Dogs
              1.1.2 humans (that's 1 adult male, 1 adult female (me), and two male juvies)

Comment

No. I looked on both geckos. Not one scratch. And when I took him out I checked his area it had dried blood.. Idk what's going on
                (4.2.1) Crested Geckos

Comment

Again, it could be from the female... if he has dried blood on his are, it could have come from inside of her also... Perhaps you should separate them for a while, and keep tabs on both of them individually to make sure there are no other problems with either of them. I have never seen a gecko bleed during or after mating, but I'm sure it can happen as they can get a little violent sometimes.

If you are noticing a significant amount of blood on more than one occasion, separate them, put them both on paper towel substrate, and keep close watch on each of them.

Comment

I been watching both and they are seperated. Just got to keep watching I guess
                    (4.2.1) Crested Geckos

Comment

I did a Google search and found this, seems this has happened before and asked about here on the forums.

http://forums.pangeareptile.com/foru...d.php?p=269249
                      Rhacodactylus ciliatus 7.4.4
                      Rhacodactylus auriculatus 0.0.2
                      Chamaeleo calyptratus 1.0.0
                      Gekko vittatus 1.0.0
                      Eublepharis macularius 0.0.1
                      iHerp

Comment

O my gosh that's exactly what's going on with mine.
                        (4.2.1) Crested Geckos

Comment

Originally posted by JackTheCrestie View Post
                          I did a Google search and found this, seems this has happened before and asked about here on the forums.

http://forums.pangeareptile.com/foru...d.php?p=269249

Wow... The scenario in that thread sounds intense. I would have liked to hear the outcome.

Comment

That's exactly what's going on with my poor Elvis :/
                            (4.2.1) Crested Geckos

Comment

If any of your pets are literally squirting blood, I would go to a vet asap.

I know if I was squirting blood I would head to a doctor right away!!

Comment

Working...
                              X