Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importing cresties into Australia?

Hello,

I realize this is a rather unusual question but we are doing research into moving to Australia and I am finding that they don't seem to allow lizards in. Does anyone know if there is any type of permit that will allow you to bring cresties in? Are they allowed as pets at all? I'd hate to have to give my three geckos up and am hoping that perhaps someone on this forum might have some information that could help.

Thanks in advance.

I believe Australia doesn't allow any non-native species, sorry. That's why I decided not to try to move there.
    3.6.3 Crested Geckos
    0.0.1 Bearded dragon
    0.2.0 Marbled Crayfish
    0.0.1 Axolotl
    1.1.0 Cats (Lightbulb and Paperclip)

Kazzy's Kritters

My iHerp Page
    Middle TN Exotic Pets Club

Comment

From what I've heard (as said above) they don't allow anything in. People who already have pets may have been grandfathered-in? But other than that, that would be a big no. Sorry.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for the info. It's certainly disappointing that I wouldn't be ableto take them. I really love them so I'll have to think long and hard about it all. Wish there was a permit I could get for them.

Comment

I have relatives that live in Australia, what a beautiful country! I loved it when I visited them... but what everyone said above is correct, they don't allow any non-native species in besides domestic cats or dogs. I tried shipping my uncle deer antlers (he flintknaps) and they got sent back even though they're bone and can't carry any sort of diseases in them as far as I know... They have some very tough restrictions.
          "Every creature is better alive than dead, men and moose and pine trees, and he who understands it aright will rather preserve its life than destroy it." -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Working...
          X