Fluker's Crested Gecko food?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fluker's Crested Gecko food?

Hey everyone! I was looking through [I]Reptiles Magazine and saw that fluker's has a new food for Cresties in pellet form. I can't find anything online about it and I'm not sure if they sell it in Petsmart/Petco/other pet suppliers yet. I don't want to be the first to use the food. Any one else read up on it or try it? If so, I would love to hear some input.
    Thanks alot everyone!
    -Dan

I suggest that you do a search on the pellets... it's been discussed before, and basically the only conclusion is that the cresties don't touch it.
    2:0:0 White's tree frogs
    0:0:2 Hermit crabs 1:1:0 African Reed frogs 2:2:0 Crested geckos
    0:1:0 Gargoyle gecko 2:0:0 Parrotlets 1:0:0 Biewer Yorkie

Comment

There's several thread on here about it if you run a search.

Consensus is that most geckos won't touch it and it's not good nutrition for them even if they would.

Comment

Might as well offer them a bowl of M&Ms - but that is jut my humble opinion!
        "The dead are likely dull fellows, full of tedious complaints - 'the ground's too cold, my gravestone should be larger, why does HE get more worms than I do...'".

Comment

Crap crap crap. Use the diet that Allen Repashy has spent years developing and improving.

This Flukers pelleted crap is what a 40$ MP3 player is compared to an Ipod Touch.

AKA I won't touch the stuff with a ten foot pole, and you'll be hard pressed to find anyone here who will.
          Meg
          THE GECKO ALCHEMIST
          on facebook

Comment

Originally posted by meg90 View Post

This Flukers pelleted crap is what a 40$ MP3 player is compared to an Ipod Touch.
            I agree its crap but I have to disagree with the point above only because no one NEEDS a mp3 player so a $40 one maybe fine for some people. Hell mine was $30 and I dont use 1/2 the settings on it. Sure its not an Ipod Touch but I don't want or need something like that... while Rhacs NEED better than what the flukers diet offers.

Just did not want people to get confused between an expensive luxury item and think that CGD is the same.
            Sarah & Jake
            LunarGecko.net
            Feel free to check out our Fauna reviews or follow us on FaceBook!
            You can also check out most of our animals on our iherp page.

Comment

Originally posted by meg90 View Post
              I bought a fully functional iPod touch for $40 once.

Comment

Mp3 players are great... Even the cheap ones do the job I need them to however a good diet is alot more important than the newest and coolest technology. I would stick to what you know works well, but feel free to do more research.

Comment

LOL it was spose to be a product comparison. But I can see where it might get confusing

Someone I know uploaded a phone pic of this product when he was in petco, and I like, shouted via FB for him not to buy it.

Its bad news in a jar.
                  Meg
                  THE GECKO ALCHEMIST
                  on facebook

Comment

Yes, someone did that here on pangea as well and posted it a while ago. If I remember correctly... it had chicken meal and corn as some of the first few ingredients. All I could think at the time was 'Whaaaaa?'
                    Sarah & Jake
                    LunarGecko.net

Comment

I seem to remember tomato in some form as an ingredient as well? Attack of the Killer Tomato-eating Crestieburgers......eww!
                      Help! Crested Geckos! 0.1.Leachie, 2.1.1 Gargs, 1.0 Chahoua, 2.1. Blue Tongue Skinks, 1.1. White Lined Geckos, 1.3. African Fat Tails, 2.2.0 Tokay Geckos, 1.0. Giant Day Gecko, 2 tarantulas

Comment

I agree with the M&Ms comment really lol. Nerds are probably as nutritious as this Flukers stuff.
                        Meg
                        THE GECKO ALCHEMIST
                        on facebook

Comment

... this thread has more humorous one-liners. Wonderful!
                          1.0.4 Crested Geckos including Tripp-Burton the amazing three-legged frogbutt wonder <3, Uno, Jorie, Ulali & Mockery

And the rest of the crew:
                          1 son & 1.1 cats

Originally posted by Jaybee
                          Cheez-Its are not harmless! Apparently you've never poked yourself in the eye with a sharp salty corner... they're like edible throwing stars.

Comment

Originally posted by Saille View Post
                            I seem to remember tomato in some form as an ingredient as well? Attack of the Killer Tomato-eating Crestieburgers......eww!
                            Yeah now that you say that I remember tomato being in it was well. From reading the Anapsid.org pages years ago, Melissa Kaplan had a good point about avoiding all of the Solanaceae family aka Nightshade for all herps. Tomato is a member of that family. I dont even feed them to my inverts/feeders, though, I could maybe do that, I just try to air on the side of caution.
                            Sarah & Jake
                            LunarGecko.net

Comment

Originally posted by Lunar Gecko View Post
                              Yeah now that you say that I remember tomato being in it was well. From reading the Anapsid.org pages years ago, Melissa Kaplan had a good point about avoiding all of the Solanaceae family aka Nightshade for all herps. Tomato is a member of that family. I dont even feed them to my inverts/feeders, though, I could maybe do that, I just try to air on the side of caution.
                              From what I've read, tomato leaves are poisonous, not the fruit itself. But hey, I still avoid them anyway.

Comment

Working...
                              X