Adoptee who was on yogurt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adoptee who was on yogurt

So i have adopted a 1yr old male gecko named Splash.
    The previous owner was trying to sell him with his tank and I offered to adopt him at no cost if they were ever in the position of just needing him gone. To my surprise they accepted my offer as they were more concerned he went to a knowledgeable home.
    When He was dropped off they told me what they were feeding, its the same thing the breeder feeds. A mix of an all natural baby food and yogurt with reptivite mixed in. he also loved Crickets. So I am going to get him switched over to Repashys. I am attaching some pics to see if you think hes healthy.
    they were given the feeding info from a successful local breeder that has had cresties for many years and his geckos all seem healthy seeing as Reptivite and calcium were added I guess hes probably healthy but im switching him over. Here are some pics of the 1 yr and 37.6g Splash. ( he was already named and I told the daughter i wouldn't change it )
    HE IS NOT FIRED UP these are for health not morph pics

If certain angles are needed, just ask and I'll deliver!
    Brandon Craig
    5.3.6.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus
    2.1 Rhacodactylus auriculatus
    1.0 Rhacodactylus chahoua
    0.0.1 Rhacodactylus leachianus
    Zero's Geckos

Wow, I'm shocked to see how healthy he actually looks. Nice and plump, no signs of MBD or anything. Whatever they were doing, it worked. Nice head shape and color too. Congrats on the new addition, good luck getting him switched over to CGD!
    Rosario's Reptiles: Project Creamy Things...target 2012 season
    3.8 Ciliatus, 1.2 Guttata, and 1.2 Felis Catus.

Comment

He was Fed crickets Alot more than we would suggest, it was his main staple. But ya thats what i thought Maybe the breeder is doing the right thing, baby food and yogurt with vitamins, but I still wanna do CGD, I know thats ok for them and Knowing is better than guessing!
      Brandon Craig
      Zero's Geckos

Comment

I absolutely love his coloring, the orange pattern on a green background. Looks healthy too which is a plus. Most of the rescue stories that make it here are so tragic.
        Thanks,
        Jason
        1.1 Correlophus Ciliatus
        1.0 Gekko gecko
        1.1 Uroplatus Sikorae
        1.0 Python regius

Comment

The parent was very well educated, By that i mean she was a forum member, no idea her ID though, she just did exactly what the breeder said and did other things that US here had told her, so they took good care of him other than the food, which as far as i can tell wasnt that bad anyway, but Again he will be switched.
          Would it be bad to go cold turkey? no crix till i see hes eating CGD?
          Brandon Craig
          Zero's Geckos

Comment

Originally posted by jmciliatus View Post
            I absolutely love his coloring, the orange pattern on a green background. Looks healthy too which is a plus. Most of the rescue stories that make it here are so tragic.
            when he fires up hes really dark brown, its sexy
            Brandon Craig
            Zero's Geckos

Comment

Wow what a pretty guy! He really doesn't look bad at all for being on that diet!
              Can you imagine a world where they would blur out our middle finger to protect a "consumer" over blurring out an innocent child to protect their integrity and privacy? - Pink
              My Boys!
              1.0 Flame w/Dalmatian Spots - Maynard
              1.0 Halloween w/Dalmatian Spots - Zero
              1.0 Betta fish - Mr. Red Balloon Hands

Comment

He is very nice. Hes a bit jumpy but We have years to get over that ill post more pics soon.

when I got him he was REALLY dark, but I wanna post these and we'll say hes 87.5% fired up

Brandon Craig
                Zero's Geckos

Comment

Originally posted by Zero138 View Post
                  He is very nice. Hes a bit jumpy but We have years to get over that ill post more pics soon.

when I got him he was REALLY dark, but I wanna post these and we'll say hes 87.5% fired up

In those pictures, the base of his tail/beginning of his butt looks like the beginning of MBD to me, but I've been tricked by angles before. Or he could have been getting ready to leave you a present
                  Can you imagine a world where they would blur out our middle finger to protect a "consumer" over blurring out an innocent child to protect their integrity and privacy? - Pink
                  My Boys!

Comment

nope thats my fault. I was trying to get him to be straight for measuring and he didnt agree so he was wiggling around and i gave up and snapped a pic.
                    It can lay flat and the dimple isnt as bad. he kinda backed up and it made his tail bump like that
                    Brandon Craig
                    Zero's Geckos

Comment

Oooh that makes sense. He looks good to me then! I love that orange!
                      My Boys!

Comment

YA Im very exited to see how he changes, Hes only 1. Hes 37.6g and I assume he will get bigger right?
                        Brandon Craig
                        Zero's Geckos

Comment

I was going to say the same thing about the tail - at least sigs of FTS. In every picture that shows the tail, I see it bent up slightly. I also can't tell for sure if the legs aren't just a little swollen, but nothing like what we've seen sometimes. His coloring is gorgeous!

I hope he switches over for you with no problems. It may be *possible* with a lot of effort and expense to add the right amount of supplements to baby food, but I seriously don't know why you'd want to. It's got to cost a lot more and be a lot more trouble, and if you are a little off on your ratios you won't find out until the gecko starts showing symptoms.
                          *** My "N" key is actig up. Luckily, there's no "N" in "crested gecko" or "Rhacodactylus ciliatus".***

2.3.9.12 cresties
                          0.2 cats
                          0.1 German Shepherd Dogs
                          1.1.2 humans (that's 1 adult male, 1 adult female (me), and two male juvies)

Comment

ya, I know, All my geckos eat Repashy so Im hopeful he switches over easily.
                            Brandon Craig
                            Zero's Geckos

Comment

Beautiful, love his head structure, hope he switches over to CGD easily for you!
                              www.Gracious Geckos.com
                              Specializing in (but not limited to) R. auriculatus!
                              Facebook!

Comment

Working...
                              X