Dangerous!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dangerous!

As can be seen by my signature, I've got a zoo. 32 Cresties. 2 Redtails. A Pacman frog. A cat. Some couple hundred dubia. And these past few weeks, it has become abundantly clear which is the most dangerous species.

Nope, its not these two.....

Or my she-devil cat who i love to humiliate..... hahaha
    Thats actually a look of loathing she's giving me. Its easier to tell the difference in person, when my guy is around, and she gets jealous.
    (pardon the unmade bed)

Yep, its the cresteds. I don't know whats in the food this week or last but in that time I've been bitten more by my cresteds then I have by my snakes in the whole time I've had them.

And these two are the biggest culprits. Interestingly enough they are both siblings.

Fame (weirdo gecko on the left) is a probable girl who thinks anything that moves is food. Tonight (spurring this thread) she latched onto my finger and didn't let go. For a few minutes. With no warning. Subsequently I've decided not to get a Tokay as I hear they do that often. It was pretty hilarious though.

Joker, making his/her picture debut on the right, also thought I was food when I went to pull her/him out the other day. That one was only a bite and release.

I've also been bitten by a little baby who wasn't fond of the sauna/shed aid/me in general and by my adult male because he was... in the mood so to speak and I wasn't letting him be with the love of his life.

So yep, its pretty much been mutiny all around in the gecko room lol.

*Just to be clear, they are all fed fresh CGD every 2-3 days. I don't starve them. Occasionally they get dubia but I've run out of smalls for them at the moment. I think its showing. That or I guess they're just getting feistier the warmer it gets lol.
    -I'd say how much stuff I have but I think its just easier to call it a zoo.-
    www.facebook.com/sevachkox

LOL!!!!! This story is too funny! I can only imagine how you looked at all your Gecko's when they tried to bite you like........"yea, sure that really hurt!" Haha!!! They are just trying to boss you around, since you have a lot of them beware of them jumping you in your sleep. Haha!!!
    KMac*
    A Wonderful Husband, a Beautiful Daughter,
    and new baby in my belly!!!
    A Friendly/Sweet Female Chihuahua - Pixie
    1.1.0 Cresteds - Geo & Millie
    2.0.0 Betta Fish - Flamer & BlueBerry

Comment

Love the eye lashes on that Suri!
      1.2.0 Crested Geckos
      1.1 Hypo Sonoran Het Leopard Boa's
      1.0 Pure Sonoran Leopard Boa
      0.1 CA T+ Sunglow Boa
      0.1 Hermanns Tortoise
      1.1 Australian Shepard/Cattle Dog Mix
      1.0 Red Border Collie

Comment

haha i have a few bitey cresties too
        www.altitudeexotics.com

For our latest news and updates, follow us on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Altitu...29735193753504

Comment

Beautiful red tails! Surinames?
          Currently working with R. ciliatus

Comment

Beautiful snakes! The one farthest from the camera has patterns above its eye that look like eyelashes.

Those two gecko kids just look like they're up to no good. Maybe one of your geckos liked the way you tasted and just passed the info along. Now everyone has to try a bite
            The name Stella fills me with dread.
            Mondegreen Geckos
            >iHerp >Facebook

Comment

Thanks all for the comments! Sorry for my delay, work has been absolutely crazy these past few weeks.

Originally posted by stellarawesome View Post
              Beautiful snakes! The one farthest from the camera has patterns above its eye that look like eyelashes.
              Originally posted by Lauren and Hunter View Post
              Beautiful red tails! Surinames?
              The snakes are late '09 Guyanas. Appropriately enough, the one with the eyelashes is my girl Psykhe and the lighter one to the front is her brother Asmodeus. I really appreciate the compliments on them. I got them in July of last year and they are my dream snakes. I am very excited to have not one but two of them

Originally posted by stellarawesome View Post
              Those two gecko kids just look like they're up to no good. Maybe one of your geckos liked the way you tasted and just passed the info along. Now everyone has to try a bite
              Haha, it certainly seems like they all want a bite. I'll be glad when they all decide we are friends again lol.

Originally posted by Mrs. KMac View Post
              LOL!!!!! This story is too funny! I can only imagine how you looked at all your Gecko's when they tried to bite you like........"yea, sure that really hurt!" Haha!!! They are just trying to boss you around, since you have a lot of them beware of them jumping you in your sleep. Haha!!!
              They don't have to jump me in my sleep, they just hide really well in their plants or under the newspaper. Then I have heart attacks about them getting out. I'm pretty sure they've taken ten years off of my life so far with this method

Speaking of, the other day I was rearranging cages and moving everyone around into new bins we had gotten. I had only gotten a few hours of sleep the night prior so I ended up falling asleep on the couch (with everyone in their bins first). My guy came home after his closing shift (about 2am) and was spraying/feeding everyone for me, when he came running out, woke me, and said we were missing a gecko. I was having a heart attack wondering who it was and how I missed it when he realized he had just missed a cage that had a gecko in it. That one nearly did me in lol. They're definitely killers.
              -I'd say how much stuff I have but I think its just easier to call it a zoo.-
              www.facebook.com/sevachkox

Comment

I have a few geckos who will go after your fingers on bug night, it's more cute than anything.
                1.1.0 E. agricolae

Comment

My keonnee is like that she goes after anything that moves in her cage. At first, I tried to introduce her to a friend but she kept going for her tail. She has personality though...
                  2.3.2.? rhacodactylus ciliatus (Crested Geckos) Koda, Lilly, Drogo, Khaleesi, Jax, Arya, Snow, Tywin, Cersei Picasso, Tyrion, Viserys

1 Gargoyle Gecko: Quazi
                  Video of our Crested Gecko Room
                  http://youtu.be/TxQr2n1n6v4

Comment

Working...
                  X