Do they smell?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do they smell?

I'm thinking of getting a crestie, and I don't want it to stink up my whole house. :wink:
    -Chao0104-
    0.0.2 Rhacodactylus cilatus
    If life gives you oranges, make orange juice.If life gives you money, buy a crested gecko.

I don't think they smell at all if you clean the 1X a week or 1.5 weeks. The thing that gives me smell sometimes is dead crickets in the cage.

John

Comment

When you say "clean the cage" you mean clean the poop, right?
      -Chao0104-
      If life gives you oranges, make orange juice.If life gives you money, buy a crested gecko.

Comment

in my cages I just have paper towels, so I just replace them and make sure the glass is clean.

If you use coco fiber or some other type of bedding you can scoop the poop and dead crix every few days or 1x a week.

Comment

For crickets, could'nt I put a carrot or potato or something in the cage to avoid the crickets death?I'll still have to watch out for the old age death, I've heard that crickets live only a month.
          -Chao0104-

Comment

That would work, but as long as you feed the cresteds fruit or a commercial diet, so will the crickets. I think mine die sometimes because i keep them in the bag untill late at night when i feed them. So i guess i dump a few dead ones in once and a while.

Comment

Thanks for your help
              -Chao0104-

Comment

i feed mine gut load with some extra vitimins mixed in fish flakes and every day i offer fresh leafy greens and grated carrot and i use the watter pads theyer awsome!!! then i dust and make my rounds feeding my cham and geckos !!! but i still get alot of dead ones they are stinky !!! and i house my cresties in screen cages so when i clean them i just move the animals to the outside cages take out the vines and stuff and rinse every thing off with the hose its all pretty simple and easy to do and theyer cages are all clean instead of just the bottom lol i also use paper towels !!!
                gecko luv!! so much better than human luv dont you think? men sux!

Comment

What's a good place to keep crickets at?
                  -Chao0104-

Comment

try not to keep crickets in with the geckos over night.. if they not gonan eat the crickets, the crickets might eat them(as crazy as it might sound, crickets will nibble on anything) this will create stress for your gecko which wont be favourable obviously. and yeaaaaaa remove any uneaten crickets over night.

Comment

Can I throw a carrot or potato so the crickets can eat that?
                      -Chao0104-

Comment

well you might wanan do that in a seperate tank for crickets. liek a small 5 or 10 gallon tank and just buy 100 crickets or somethin and jsut keep themin there
                        room temp will suffice. along with a source of water and food.. u can add eggcrates or papertowel rolls to easily move them from there to the geckos. the water source shouldnt be an actual water bowl.. u can put a uhm sponge or something inside it and they will dirnk out of it liek that to prevent drowning.. other then that i dotnthink keeping them in over night is a good idea since the consant moving from them might bother the geckos also

Comment

How high can they jump? I want to make sure I get a tank that they can't jump out of.
                          -Chao0104-

Comment

they wont jump unless theyre jumped at.. but aside from that.. depends what size the cricket is, pinheads i doubt can jump out of a standard 10 gallon but full grown, i have no clue

Comment

So, could I just take a trash can with toilet paper rolls and put the crix in there?Also, if I left the place I put the crickets in outside, would other animals eat them?
                              -Chao0104-

Comment

Working...
                              X