Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Temperatures and Crested Geckos - Are we too worried?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Robertskitty-

I really dont think thats an honest reason for why they gain more weight. Yes young ones do gain better weight in warmer temps but the problem comes when you wonder if they are looking for water for cooling themselves and since all the base diets feed to CG's tends to be water based you have to really wonder if they are happy at that temp or just trying to survive.
    Sarah & Jake
    LunarGecko.net
    Feel free to check out our Fauna reviews or follow us on FaceBook!
    You can also check out most of our animals on our iherp page.

Comment

This thread made me feel better about going to work I personally took today off to make sure my gecko wasnít reaching bad temps. It gets to an average of 84 to 80 during the day summer time here in Us. I still leave cold packs and bottles in his cage but anyone else can help reassure they will be okay?

Comment

With anxiety, I'm constantly worrying about the high temps! It's getting really hot here in California and not having an air conditioner always has me worrying about the temps. My 3 cresties have had 2 summers now where their tanks stay 81-83. I get so paranoid with anything higher than 82, so when it starts creeping up I constantly check on them when I'm home. I keep ice packs covered with a sock in each of their tanks and 2 fans on them and the temps still stay 81-83, so I can't imagine how hot they'd get without that. Working on freezing 3 more water bottles to add to their tanks to see if that makes a difference for the rest of the summer!

Comment

Hi, after reading this i feel a little less worried about my little one. But still currently we are dealing with the biggest heatwave in history in belgiu (40 degrees celcius/ 104f).
          In the enclosure its hitting a constant 28-30 degrees celcius/86f ...Is this oke if its only for 2 days?

Comment

Originally posted by Matthismoove View Post
            Hi, after reading this i feel a little less worried about my little one. But still currently we are dealing with the biggest heatwave in history in belgiu (40 degrees celcius/ 104f).
            In the enclosure its hitting a constant 28-30 degrees celcius/86f ...Is this oke if its only for 2 days?
            Let me know how your gecko does ����

Comment

Originally posted by Kahnweezy View Post
              Let me know how your gecko does ����
              Currently he is still doing fine, its the last day of the heatwave. Everynight he still came down from his spot (so i hope he was eating).

Comment

I live in New England and have no AC (and don't want it). It's not unusual to have 2-3 day heat waves in the summer. Last weekend, the temps got into the high 90's and were in the mid 90's in my living room. I have 9 crestie, garg and leachie enclosures, housing a total of 18 geckos. Everyone came through fine

Aliza

Comment

Originally posted by acpart View Post
                  I live in New England and have no AC (and don't want it). It's not unusual to have 2-3 day heat waves in the summer. Last weekend, the temps got into the high 90's and were in the mid 90's in my living room. I have 9 crestie, garg and leachie enclosures, housing a total of 18 geckos. Everyone came through fine

Aliza
                  How long where they in that temps?

Comment

Just a few days. It doesn't happen very often, and it does cool down at night

Aliza

Comment

Okay itís around 90-105 here and like 85 in the house I get scared the water bottles frozen isnít enough while Iím gone but he seems to be okay?:í/

Comment

I don't think 85 is a huge issue. Just put a frozen water bottle in every day (or twice a day if someone's available to do it). If you have a basement, set up a temporary cage in there. I used to do this when I only had 1 crested gecko. In all honesty, I don't see any difference.

Aliza

Comment

Originally posted by acpart View Post
                          I don't think 85 is a huge issue. Just put a frozen water bottle in every day (or twice a day if someone's available to do it). If you have a basement, set up a temporary cage in there. I used to do this when I only had 1 crested gecko. In all honesty, I don't see any difference.

Aliza
                          Thank you for your reply itís helping with a peace of mind !

Comment

Working...
                          X