Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anbody ever try making their tank liek this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anbody ever try making their tank liek this?

http://www.blackjungle.com/gallery/talltank/page1.html

all i can say is. wow. haha but the instructions arent SO great but they will suffice. this is like. a piece of new caladonia haha but made for dart frogs but w/e we can make a few changes to that

That enclosure is so awesome!
    Nell Rux
    a.k.a. Frozen Gecko
    Just Ice Reptile

Comment

That is pretty sweet. How would you feed whatever is in there though?
      0.1 Albino Leopard Gecko\'s
      0.0.1 Ball python\'s
      0.1 Blood python\'s
      0.0.2 Crested Gecko

Comment

hm. well i guess the poop from w/e fertilizes them HAhah . they use some dyna grow soil, and uv lights so the platns pretty much keep them selves alive. its REALLY cool and i want to try this out one day

Comment

I have seen that enclosure many times and have been tempted to make but I can't afford all that stuff.

But it would be a frekin sweet vivarium :wink:
          Derek Dunlop
          DDReptiles
          www.DDReptiles.net
          Croc's Rule- Steve Irwin

Comment

yea.. thats a lot of. wood, foam, silicon, coco bedding. and platns and huge ammounts of money ;P

Comment

i've been looking into makeing a viv and that one would be sweet. I'd be worried about humidity being too high for the crested though.
              0.0.1 Ball python\'s
              0.1 Blood python\'s
              0.0.2 Crested Gecko

Comment

I saw a few of those at a show I went to. They are sweet I love customs!

Comment

HOLY JEEBUS.......

Everyone would love to have an enclosure like that, but im pretty sure nearly all of us would choke when we heard the cost.
                  ~Eric Roberts~

If you ask a question you don't want an answer to, Expect an answer you don't want to hear.

'98 Jetta TDI 5spd, 233k miles, 42 MPG lifetime AVG(lost milage spreadsheet with HD failure last year )
                  '00 Jetta TDI 5spd, 152k miles, 46 MPG lifetime AVG 2000TDIlogbook.xls

Comment

yea.. the humidity might be alittle to high. so we gotta check the plants to see if its suitable or not

Comment

i don't think the cost would be anything more than $200 for all the supplies (excluding cage), and it doesn't apear that complicated to make.

I believe all the plants that blackjungle.com stocks are herp safe.
                      0.0.1 Ball python\'s
                      0.1 Blood python\'s
                      0.0.2 Crested Gecko

Comment

i think the tank alone would be almost.. half the price of evyrthing else. thats a HUGE tank they got. and yea the plants they sell are herp safe. but plants emmit humidity through evapotransportation from the leaves. which might actaly raise the humidity TO high for crested geckos to handle but it might nto be a problem with a screentop but who knows. need to do stability tests for at least a week

Comment

Whoa. That cage is awesome. I was thinking of trying for live plantings in a living room display, but I hadn't thought nearly that creatively.

I think if you changed the water system from a "drip/waterfall" type to a fogger/mister type the humidity would be better. Bear in mind that the whole bottom of that tank is water-soaked gravel and that epiphytic plants have a much slower metabolism than normal rooted houseplants, so they wouldn't put off as much water.
                          "Nothing worth having comes without some kind of fight;
                          You gotta kick at the darkness 'till it bleeds daylight....."
                          --Bare Naked Ladies

Comment

If you had several fans mounted near the top it would help too...
                            also yeah that cage is huge it would be a lot cheaper if done on a smaller scale.
                            0.0.1 Ball python\'s
                            0.1 Blood python\'s
                            0.0.2 Crested Gecko

Comment

Yea I've seen that tank before, it's pretty amazing, you could get rid of the drip system and all the water in the bottom to lower the humidity, and just mist the plants, the tank is made for poison-arrow frogs so that why the humidity is so high.
                              0.2 crested geckos
                              2.2 leopard geckos
                              0.0.3 fire bellied toads
                              0.0.1 corn snake
                              0.0.1 hermit crab

Comment

Working...
                              X