No announcement yet.

What to do???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Instead of buying them buy healthy animals from trusted breeders and support the hobby ;]

Comment

If you are buying the crested at full price you are not helping anything in my opinion. You are just telling the pet store that its ok to treat them that way, because they see it as they finally got money back from their investment. I only take in animals that are either discounted heavily such as below cost the pet store (such as petco dropped it down to 15 for the female). I find that fair because they make no profit and most of the time take a loss and in the long run the animal isn't left to suffer but I spend a bit of time talking to them about how to care for them. At my local petco I had a talk with the manager and she has started to change the way they care for them.
      From personal people that have animal in horrible condition I will usually take them at a very low price because I explain to them the serious condition and that it may even be unlikely to survive(my most recent success story the male was one of them).

I don't consider

Comment

Originally posted by ReptileLuver729 View Post
        But also if they die there the store will probably just replace them. And if you buy them they will probably replace them. I would just buy them. They will get replaced either way at the store. We like to think that buying them makes the store replace but the store doesn't care why or if they die EITHER WAY they will replace them.
        Not true. If the stores keep losing them to death/illness due to poor keeping, they will eventually stop carrying them. (it ends up costing them too much in the long run, and it becomes a "supply and demand thing")
        However, if people buy them, it shows up in their inventory and gives them reason to continue buying them, regardless of the poor health and care they get at the store.
        Help! Crested Geckos! 0.1.Leachie, 2.1.1 Gargs, 1.0 Chahoua, 2.1. Blue Tongue Skinks, 1.1. White Lined Geckos, 1.3. African Fat Tails, 2.2.0 Tokay Geckos, 1.0. Giant Day Gecko, 2 tarantulas

Comment

Originally posted by dragonlvr View Post
          I know you feel the need to take them out of the situation. I would too. Just do the future animals a favor and find a manager to talk to. Do not leave until you are able to talk to one. Then send a letter to their corporate office.
          Otherwise they will continue to make this mistake.
          Good luck with what you decide!
          This is what I did with the petco near me a few months back and it worked!
          Since then its been one of the best kept stores in the area....

Plus i got an online dicount! (which I still havent used.)
          I hope everything works out.
          STEVEN

Comment

Yes I spent some time there yesterday morning and explained everything to the manager who was very nice. She seperated all the males and said she would talk to her dm and get everything organized as far as caring for the geckos. She said any that are not in good health she will send to the vet so they are not sold.
            2.2.2crested geckos 1 ambilobe Cham
            1.1 PI chahoua 1.2 leachie 1 leopard gecko 1.0 Bearded Dragon 1.0 Hamster 0.2 Tortoises 1 possum
            1.2 KSBoa

http://www.iherp.com/cslinca

Comment

Awesome!....Im glad to see its working out......Just makes sure she follows thru!
              STEVEN

Comment

Working...
              X