First Crestie!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrads on the new baby! I like your set up too
    "I believe that education is all about being excited about something. Seeing passion and enthusiasm helps push an educational message."-Steve Irwin​

Comment

Originally posted by 92foxbody View Post
      Isn't it too early to know? I think he is 3 months old, tops.
      They very rarely get them as immediately-out-of-the egg hatchlings, they're often between a few weeks and two months old when they get them; so it would be easily possible he is up to 5 or 6 months old. (It's also possible their most RECENT shipment of cresties was 3 months ago, and he was left over from the previous one, and they just forgot which batch he was from.)

And based on his size alone (that's a 10 gallon glass tank he's in, right?) my guess would be about 8-9 months, and he does have a bulge so he's clearly male.
      14th Street Geckos

Currently working with: crested geckos, gargoyle geckos; Gonatodes albogularis; leopard geckos, pictus geckos; Kenyan Sand Boas

Comment

Thanks guys! Yes, he is in a 10g on it's end for now. I have a 20L I will decorate to move him into in a few months. All four of the cresties they had were the same size, and they had been there quite some time, so I would say he's at least 6 months.

Also, I cannot get him to touch the CGD. He will eat a little bit off his nose if i rub it there with a toothpick, and I've placed him right on the mushroom ledge, but he won't eat (no poops that I can see). I'm going to try crickets tomorrow, because I assume that's all he's been fed since he was born. Any tips (other than coating the crickets in CGD)?
        1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Kai)
        1.0.0 Leopard Geckos (Apollo)
        2.0.0 Dalmations (Kona and Jack)

Comment

Looks like you have a male or else your female gecko has problems!! LOL
          1.0 crowned Blonde harlequin crested gecko
          think female Baby Retic Gargoyle Gecko
          1.0 citrus tangerine bearded dragon
          0.1 high yellow leopard gecko
          0.1 tangerine albino het raptor leopard gecko
          0.1 Normal Stripe het butter corn snake
          1.0 Butter Motley het stripe corn snake
          1.3 cockatiels
          0.2 dogs
          0.1 cat
          1.0 mini rex rabbit

Comment

Nice Gecko, what size is the tank?

Comment

10g on end.
              1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Kai)
              1.0.0 Leopard Geckos (Apollo)
              2.0.0 Dalmations (Kona and Jack)

Comment

Getting them to switch to crested gecko diet is hard. You might have to keep putting it on his nose time and time again untill he relizes its food and starts eating it on his own. It could take weeks months at the most. Only give crickets once a week untill he really starts eatting the crested gecko diet. Then you can start giving crickets twice a week. Don't worry about him starving. They are very hardy animals and can handle the transition from only crickets to crested gecko diet.
                5.10.0 Crested geckos, 2.2.0 Gargoyle Geckos, 2.2.2 Leachie Geckos, 0.1.0 Blue tongue Skink, 1.0.2 Red eyed Tree Frogs

Comment

Working...
                X