how old is he/she?
    David Utrera
    TIKIsGeckos
    facebook
    Youtube!
    twitter

Comment

I'm wondering the same thing.

My gecko is 8 months old. I've had him for 2 months and he hasnt shed yet.
      Slayde, the Crested Gecko

Comment

Shedding does not really take long and happens mostly at night so odds are you guys are missing the big event all together.
        http://talkengeckos.com/
        Online buyer reviews http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/show...t=talkenlate04
        http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...t=talkenlate04

Comment

delete
          Last edited by Krestie Kate; 05-05-2009, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Two nights really? I have caught a few and so far it only takes about 30 minutes tops. The bigger they are the faster the process seems to be.
            http://talkengeckos.com/
            Online buyer reviews http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/show...t=talkenlate04
            http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...t=talkenlate04

Comment

Some of my tiny, not-completely-coordinated geckos have taken over an hour to get all their shed off, and sometimes they need help with toes, but I don't think I've ever had a shed last more than a night. Humid hides help a ton. I agree that you may have had your gecko shed and just not seen it.
              Last edited by EmilyK; 05-04-2009, 03:04 PM. Reason: Forgot something!
              www.emilysgeckos.com

Comment

delete

Comment

Would you please explain what you mean by "hard".
                  "The dead are likely dull fellows, full of tedious complaints - 'the ground's too cold, my gravestone should be larger, why does HE get more worms than I do...'".

Comment

delete

Comment

Originally posted by Krestie Kate View Post
                      When there getting ready to shed they get kinda hard/stiff because of the skin. (thats when there whole body is in shed) Mine always fail about on the floor before there back cracks and they start eatting it off.
                      I do not think hard and stiff are words I would use to describe a crested in shed. I know I have never seen on flail about because of shedding.

I would say it seems more like they have a body suit of thin fabric on that rips, the shed skin is very flexible. If your geckos are having skin that is so tough it seems to crack then I wonder if the humidity is high enough.
                      Dale
                      "The dead are likely dull fellows, full of tedious complaints - 'the ground's too cold, my gravestone should be larger, why does HE get more worms than I do...'".

Comment

delete
                        Last edited by Krestie Kate; 05-05-2009, 03:45 PM.

Comment

The only ones that do it are the ones on papertowel Humidity is usualy good I have everyone in the wet basement so the humidity never falls below 70%.
                          Are you saying that the only geckos that get hard and stiff are the ones on paper towel. I would like to know what you meant by that before I reply.
                          Sandy
                          7.6.8.0 Crested Gecko 1.1.3 Gargoyle Gecko
                          0.1.0 Pine Island Chahoua 0.1.0 Bearded Dragon
                          My sweet meow meow I miss you!
                          1.0 Painted Turtle Squirt

Comment

delete
                            Last edited by Krestie Kate; 05-05-2009, 03:45 PM.

Comment

My ones that are kept on coco fiber do not get as stiff before a shed as the ones kept on paper towel. The papertowel drys out during the day unlike the coco fiber.I'm trying to figure out how to explain this because I see this going the wrong way. It seems like you guys see it as like a hard shed like a normal lizard has. Before the skin starts to loosen or pull away from the body its still atached but they feel rough. I guess thats how you would put it. Snowcap especialy gets like this hes my one that it takes two days to shed. He spends 1 day actualy going into the shed getting crunchy,the skin loosening from him body (but not tearing) and then he spends the next night pulling it off. He dose have a hard time walking during this piriod & he can't climb he will try and climb then fall on his back and flop around till he can flip himself over, but thats how hes always been. I've had him for 2 years and have never seen him do any diffrent. I don't want anyone freaking out on me anymore about this. This is how things have always been everyone of my geckos is diffrent if your that concered next time i'll take a video and post what he looks like the day before a shed but other than that I want it dropped.
                              Maybe you should reword your posts. You make statements instead of saying I have a gecko that feels hard before he sheds. All sorts of people read this forum new owners, guests that can not even question anything.

All of mine are kept on paper towel and I never have had a humidity issue or a shed lasting longer than overnight. No hard, rough or stiff skin the only clue is the darker ones will look a little grayer.As I said if you would just reword your posts instead of making these statements it would help all. Mods and members would then not need to clarify your posts. No harm is meant by you or anyone in questioning your statements.
                              Sandy
                              7.6.8.0 Crested Gecko 1.1.3 Gargoyle Gecko
                              0.1.0 Pine Island Chahoua 0.1.0 Bearded Dragon
                              My sweet meow meow I miss you!
                              1.0 Painted Turtle Squirt

Comment

Working...
                              X