A little cresty from Daytona...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice Crested you got there!!

Connie, That Crested that you bought from me in Daytona is a real looker but best of all you take super shots with that camera! I would like to see you prove out the striped sides on that one whenever it grows up. Keep me posted next year on the offspring if you find a nice mate for it. I actually hatched a Creamsicle Line Crested this month with those striped sides.
    Clark Tucker @clarksgeckos
    www.clarksgeckos.com

Comment

Clark, I thought you might enjoy these pictures. Echo just shed and is nice and dark on the sides and orange dorsally. Thank you so much for this gecko, he's beautiful!

Connie Hurley along with the sticky toes: Cheeto, Echo, Ditto, Whisper, Flicker, Richochet, Reverb, Granite, Marble, and Alabaster

http://cccorns.com
      http://cedarcreeksaussies.com

Comment

The Grubco website is wrong; I spoke for a while to the seller at Daytona and he says definitely don't refrigerate them--they take too long to warm up and can also have some die-off if left in the fridge all the time. They were selling for $3 a cup. I put some in an escape proof bowl in my female's cage, and she cleaned them up. (They crawl pretty well and I didn't want them all over the cage).

They are so wiggly that they always catch the gecko's attention immediately. I like that they don't bite like a superworm, they don't feel over-soft like a waxworm that I could crush by accident, and they don't jump or stink like crix. They feel dry and sort of muscle-y when you pick them up by hand--even the squeamish should be fine. All that nutrition and palatability and not gross either!

As for breeding, the vendor said it wasn't easy. I don't know if he was just trying to cut competition or if they really have a difficult portion of breeding cycle to get through. And no, I don't think the adult flies are quite as nutritious as the larvae; they use all that calcium for their pupal shell.
        "Nothing worth having comes without some kind of fight;
        You gotta kick at the darkness 'till it bleeds daylight....."
        --Bare Naked Ladies

Comment

great pics...love those lateral lines!
          Nell Rux
          a.k.a. Frozen Gecko
          Just Ice Reptile

Comment

Thanks for the compliment on the lateral lines on this Crested. I am actually working with many Harlequins with the lateral lines which I am trying to breed out a solid lateral lined offspring. I have found that it is a trait that is passed along to some extent. I have produced a good number of partially Lateral Pinstriped offspring from the lines I am working with. I hope to produce a 100% Lateral Pinstriped offspring this year. Connie will have 2 lateral pinstriped (partially striped) from me this season. She will have the possibility of producing some really nice Harley's in 2007 with this trait.
            www.clarksgeckos.com

Comment

Working...
            X