Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone import to the UK?

Noticed on a UK web site i use some people get imports from the USA
    Does anyone on this web site import to the USA?
    Keeper of over 40 tortoises- red foots, pancakes, iberas, hermanns, horsfields, stars and tunsians

Crested geckso 2.9.2

Most people who get geckos from the US pick them up at the Hamm shows in Germany.

www.reptileshipping.com
    Derek Dunlop
    DDReptiles
    www.DDReptiles.net
    Croc's Rule- Steve Irwin

Comment

Just like Derek said. Importing any animals is a pain. You have to deal with each county that the animal goes into on the trip. Customs and disease control are the main issues with that sort of shipment. It can end up costing more than the animal is worth in most cases and you have to deal with the time the animal is in shipment or get the animal a direct one way plain ticket like they do with cats and dogs.

What sort of reptile are you looking for? There are a few breeders in the UK depending on what you are looking for.
      Sarah & Jake
      LunarGecko.net
      Feel free to check out our Fauna reviews or follow us on FaceBook!
      You can also check out most of our animals on our iherp page.

Comment

Your best bet Sarah is wait until you hear of someone importing to the UK, that's what i did. It costs a small fortune for one person to import, let alone having to deal with all the paperwork

Also as previously said find out who is going to Hamm, and start being extremely nice to them. I've been very lucky and a wonderful person has agreed to bring some back from me that i have ordered for the US.

Comment

Working...
        X