Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Krestie Kate
    replied
    I offer crested gecko diet everyday by making it one day and leaving it till the next night that way theres always food. alot of my geckos are very easy to handle from a young age never had any problems but every gecko is diffrent. dont rush into there adult setups start off small so there easy to monitor use paper towels because poop shows up easy on them, mist at night and let it dry during the day even if its at 40% its good to have a dry piriod to diture mold all the usual after that love them and so on

Leave a comment:

• bkram294
    replied
    Once the little guys settle I would try hand feeding to make sure that they are eatting for you, little cresties can lose weight fast, just dip you finger in some diet, and stick a little on their nose just a couple licks will insure an ok amount of food, I do this with all my little guys.

Leave a comment:

• ReptiGuru213
    replied
    okay thats great so ill minimize my handling little to none. Until 10 grams thanks again

Leave a comment:

• gekogirl
    replied
    when I got my first crestie I held her alot and now when I open her cage and I don't have a cricket in my hand she runs as fast as she can to the back of the cage.
    I've found that the best way to get them handlable is wait untill they are a bit bigger, like 10 grams, and when you hold them give them crickets, and don't hold them for more then 5 minutes.

using this methed I'm able to hold alot of my geckos, and they just sit there on my hand with out jumping all over the place.

Leave a comment:

• ReptiGuru213
    replied
    Lol thanks a lot i appreciate the reply...i love them already i have had plenty of reptiles like monitors and snakes and other geckos but i have to admit they are impressive...what do you mean you learn the hard way of handling? thanks again for the reply

Leave a comment:

• gekogirl
    replied
    Congrats on your new geckos!
    I also got cresties at the repticon show, three!
    you should feed them c.g.d. every other day, and crickets once or twice a week. you can leave the c.g.d. in untill the next feeding time.
    just because it's jumping up on your hand dosent mean it wants to be handled, it probably sees yoour hand as a lader
    just becarefull when you hold them, I've found out the hard way that when you hold them to much when they're little they are really jumpy when they grow up.
    good luck!

Leave a comment:

• ReptiGuru213
    started a topic Questions about Crested Gecko

Questions about Crested Gecko

I have two Crested geckos they are young i bought them from the repticon in orlando last weekend they say that the geckos are 6-10 weeks old. I was wondering how often i should feed? any beginning advice for them would be appreciated. I know to wait to handle them but the bigger one seems like he seeks to be handled. when i stick my hand into the cage he isnt hesitant to jump right on. I actually like him alot. the other one is kinda reserved I called him sly. I will post some pictures later because i am in school. any body who answers to this thread thank you for your time
Working...
X