Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Local breeders

Does anyone here know of Breeders around the Racine-Milwaukee area in
    Wisconsin. In a month or two I plan on selling my 55 tank and getting some money so I planned on
    getting a female. I don't really worry about the looks atm but I'm more worried about price.
    I don't have 200+ bucks to spend on a top the line female I cold probably spend 100 bucks and under . I just wanna breed for fun.
    I don;t really plan on makin any money. Just havin fun.

But anyways, back to the point. If anyone knows of any breeders around racine, milwaukee
    please lmk.
    Ain't got time for the future or the past.
    Live for the moment, make it last.
    -
    C.O.B

O.2 Bearded Dragons. (Lily, Izzy)
    2.2 Leopard Geckos (Igor, Trogdor, Eyeball, Sandbox)
    1.1 Dogs (Tip, Sadie)

I'm in Racine, and I've got several young cresties that appear to be females. Hit me up when you're ready and I'll see what I can do.
    ~aaron
    aaron@geckofiend.net
    www.geckofiend.net
    www.sewerfest.com

Comment

i have a buckie female that i am selling for 75
      0.2.1 Rhacodactylus ciliatus Pebbles & Radar
      0.0.1 T roborowskii
      0.3 Lepidodactylus lugubris lucy, lucy, lucy
      0.1 weiner dog(Phoebe)sigpic

Comment

You realize these geckos breed like wildfire right?

Comment

I think I spoke to you in e-mail - I'm not sure if we covered this in e-mail, but like K9SARchick says, they do breed quickly (12 or more offspring a year possible), so make sure you're going to be able to take care of any animals you can't sell. If you start out with a low-grade pair, you are probably going to have a harder time selling the offspring. If you invest more money at the outset, you will probably be able to sell the offspring more easily.

I only mention this because you say your main concern is not wanting to dump $200 into this project; housing, feeding, and vet care (if needed) for a bunch of baby geckos adds up really fast.
          JBsCresties.com & Facebook & Instagram, oh my

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybee View Post
            I think I spoke to you in e-mail - I'm not sure if we covered this in e-mail, but like K9SARchick says, they do breed quickly (12 or more offspring a year possible), so make sure you're going to be able to take care of any animals you can't sell. If you start out with a low-grade pair, you are probably going to have a harder time selling the offspring. If you invest more money at the outset, you will probably be able to sell the offspring more easily.

I only mention this because you say your main concern is not wanting to dump $200 into this project; housing, feeding, and vet care (if needed) for a bunch of baby geckos adds up really fast.
            I disagree. I can sell normal babies all day long. The morphs are what sit around. However, selling one animal of a high-end morph could net more than what you'd get for 12 buckskins.
            ~aaron
            aaron@geckofiend.net
            www.geckofiend.net
            www.sewerfest.com

Comment

Cool, I'm glad you've had good luck with buckskins I keep hearing more and more people saying they can't give 'em away.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybee View Post
                Cool, I'm glad you've had good luck with buckskins I keep hearing more and more people saying they can't give 'em away.
                Worst case scenario-$20-25 each wholesale to a pet shop.
                ~aaron
                aaron@geckofiend.net
                www.geckofiend.net
                www.sewerfest.com

Comment

Originally posted by GeckoFiend View Post
                  Worst case scenario-$20-25 each wholesale to a pet shop.
                  Yeah... I don't like to recommend startup breeders relying on that because many are part of big chains that won't take geckos from "just anyone."

Also, you're a pretty well-established person in ye olde gecko world; newbies can have a harder time breaking into it if they don't know how to advertise or have no references.

I just wanted him to be aware that there is a decent amount of cost and space involved in the chance he can't unload his animals, because I really would rather folks be safe than sorry. Breeding "just for fun" should still be thought about and prepared for before diving into it.

Comment

I don't mind spending 200+ bucks on a few little guys and that. That'd be fine with me. I just don't need or could afford a expensive female. I know they breed rather quick. I'm prepared for that. if something happens and I always got family that'd hook me up with money if needed. I just wanna breed for fun.

I got a tnak That'd all I'd have to do is get a lid for and I could use ti as a baby tank.
                    -
                    C.O.B

1.1 Dogs (Tip, Sadie)

Comment

You will need more then one tank ... and might need a tank for each crested. Some don't get along with others.
                      Once you get babies, you'll need a medium KK for each clutch.
                      So, just make sure you have the funds for all the tanks and supplies needed.
                      sigpic
                      ~ JENN ~
                      1 Daughter ~
                      1 Chihuahua Cookie
                      1.2 Pine Isle Chahouas Shrek Sugar & Spice
                      1.2 Cresteds MrGoodbar Lollipop TootsieRoll
                      1.0 Gargoyle Wyvern (Living the life at Lunars house with a girl!)

Comment

I have a few extra tanks. and I have a 55 I plan to house females in. If I need to I could make dividers for em.

I think the biggest issues will be if they get sick, and feeding the little guys. Feeding won't be a issue I just gotta make sure to order bulk food.
                        -
                        C.O.B

1.1 Dogs (Tip, Sadie)

Comment

Sounds like you have the tanks then!

I don't feel that it would be right though for "anyone" to purchase any sort of animal if they can't afford to care for it in case of vet bills and can't afford the cost of feeding.

The CGD is sold right here at Pangea, up top, where it says "Products". You can choose the size you'll need. Cresties can live off that alone, and you can also feed certain insects that you can purchase at petstores or online.

But just make sure you have the funds before you start the project and do a ton of research on problems that CAN occur and the cost of everything that the project (purchase of cresties) intells.
                          sigpic
                          ~ JENN ~
                          1 Daughter ~
                          1 Chihuahua Cookie
                          1.2 Pine Isle Chahouas Shrek Sugar & Spice
                          1.2 Cresteds MrGoodbar Lollipop TootsieRoll
                          1.0 Gargoyle Wyvern (Living the life at Lunars house with a girl!)

Comment

Working...
                          X