Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else hand feed crickets to their Cresteds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• untytled
    replied
    Originally posted by Sanskrit
    The first time I dusted crix with CGD I sprayed them very lightly with water first so the diet would stick better but I didn't think about the negative effects. Anyway the diet formed a paste and suffocated them within seconds. I didn't want to let 2 dozen crickets go to waste with hungry geckos so I tied a piece of thread around the back leg of each cricket and fed them off one at a time. The geckos would see the swinging bug and bite at it and miss and bite again.......I haven't had that much fun since :wink: .

:lol: ha ha fishing for geckos!

Leave a comment:

• Sanskrit
    replied
    The first time I dusted crix with CGD I sprayed them very lightly with water first so the diet would stick better but I didn't think about the negative effects. Anyway the diet formed a paste and suffocated them within seconds. I didn't want to let 2 dozen crickets go to waste with hungry geckos so I tied a piece of thread around the back leg of each cricket and fed them off one at a time. The geckos would see the swinging bug and bite at it and miss and bite again.......I haven't had that much fun since :wink: .

Leave a comment:

• gcxbrian
    replied
    Originally posted by ris9911
    i tried that with mine and they just freaked out now i just throw in a few and keep an eye out for um
    this idea is pretty nice... why didnt i thikn of this.... now i don thaev to worry about them injesting stupid stuff on the ground and stuff haha and keeps me from having the trouble of finding uneaten ones..

Leave a comment:

• spideygirl
    replied
    :?: Do you all think that hand-feeding or switching them to a small container w/ crickets will make them too lazy to hunt them after a while :?: Just wondering...

Leave a comment:

• ris9911
    replied
    i tried that with mine and they just freaked out now i just throw in a few and keep an eye out for um

Leave a comment:

• Airsoftingyness
    replied
    i put them in a seperate little tub with about a dozen or two crix and let them eat till they wont eat no more

Leave a comment:

• FrozenGecko
    replied
    I have a few that get so excited at mealtime that they will take the offering (crickets or roaches) AND your hand sometimes too

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic Anyone else hand feed crickets to their Cresteds?

Anyone else hand feed crickets to their Cresteds?

Old faithful loves them so much. She loves when I hand feed her. My orange female also will eat crickets from my hand.
Working...
X