Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

blazing new high color crested pair (lots of pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blazing new high color crested pair (lots of pics)

Well I never thought this day would come. I always planned to stick to high contrast (dark) flames and harleys but I couldn't pass up this deal. I got these two from Chris (crestedcrazy) today and they totally blew me away. I've never seen any high color cresteds in person before which made it that much better. UPS gave both of us lots of problems while working out this trade and they apparently just let these 2 sit for a whole day without moving them anywhere. So after 2 days, I got them but the female had just dropped her tail due to the shipping stress. That's the only bad news however, since they both chowed down on baby food/CGD mix as soon as I gave them a chance and they seem to be doing great now. Anyway, I'll get right on to the pics now...
    Here's the male who I've dubbed Dante:

I haven't settled on a name for this girl yet, but she practically unwrapped herself for me when I first got her out.

I didn't want to leave out my other new girl (got her a few days ago for those who missed it)-I've decided to call her Ada.

And I put the two girls together for a quick duo shot. They'll be shacking up together once breeding season gets underway for me.

http://www.facebook.com/appalachian.ectotherms

Nice!

Those are some nice looking geckos. Good luck! Sorry to hear about the tail though.

Comment

Very Nice!!

Comment

I am really glad to see they made it safely.
        They are stunning!@$#%^&!

You know I had a problem with UPS today ........ I was expecting a beardie from Calif. 10:30 a.m. arrival.
        It never showed up.........and the story changed at least three times as to why it had not shown up.
        In the end my boyfriend and I had to drive across town to the UPS station.
        Where it miraculously was found.............bleeping a!@#$$ bleeping.
        I was not happy with them........lately the service they have given has been horrible.
        The good news is my little girl "Sunshine" was alive and well.

Comment

DANG, that female is awsome looks like a red harly. Your so lucky
          Last edited by Crested Lady; 01-19-2006, 03:25 PM.
          Derek Dunlop
          DDReptiles
          www.DDReptiles.net
          Croc's Rule- Steve Irwin

Comment

I am about ready to go homicidal! Those cresteds are ******* awesome! The orange flame is sweeeet! Breeder loans will have to be in are future!
            -Eli
            Last edited by Crested Lady; 01-19-2006, 03:25 PM.
            "The foulest death is preferable to the cleanest slavery"

Comment

Hang onto your greenest hulk baby for me and I'll trade you for one of their babies if you want I'd like to pair a green male up with Ada and see what comes out of it, of course I wouldn't turn down a green female either. I am interested to see what the offspring of this new pair will look like. I'm hoping they'll pick up a lot of Dante's patterning, and I'd say it's a good bet they'll be colorful too. I guess we'll all know around May or June probably.

Originally posted by BadAssHerps
              I am about ready to go homicidal! Those cresteds are *ucking awesome! The orange flame is sweeeet! Breeder loans will have to be in are future!
              -Eli

Comment

Beautiful geckos, Kevin! They should give you some amazing babies!

(On a side note, showing your appreciation for a pretty gecko is great! However, while certain words could be used to describe them, please be careful of what language you use. We've got young people. Thanks, guys!)
                ~Sarah~
                www.CrestedLady.com

"This is your life, are you who you want to be?" -Switchfoot

Comment

sorry

As I'm sure that was directed towards me as well, I have to say sorry kidies it's just sometimes "that's a darn nice gecko" doesn't feel like it express's the true feeling of being impressed. But I mean really you have to be ready for anything when it comes to me,
                  I'm a Bad boy. LOL
                  -Eli

Comment

Oh and you can be assured that I'll hold onto one for you, I just hope you don't mind if it has a bright orange flame as well.
                    -Eli

Comment

Well as long as it doesn't have pinstripes or white fringe or anything like that Haha, you make it sound like the flame is a bad thing. As long as it's good and green I'll be happy.

Originally posted by BadAssHerps
                      Oh and you can be assured that I'll hold onto one for you, I just hope you don't mind if it has a bright orange flame as well.
                      -Eli

Comment

yeah I was kind of being sarcastic, lol
                        -Eli
                        ps: at least 50% of them have large dalmation spots as well.
                        Super dalmation green & Orange flames......has a nice sound too it.

Comment

Hey Kevin, great pictures. I hope they do well for you. They should throw some sweeeet looking babies.

Comment

Originally posted by crestedcrazy
                            Hey Kevin, great pictures. I hope they do well for you. They should throw some sweeeet looking babies.
                            Yeah I'm really excited to see what their offspring will look like. I'm excited to see some newborn carinata too, so make sure you let me know if they drop some babies for you.

Comment

Congrats! All three are extremely beautiful! I'm jealous of course, lol...
                              ~ Dorothy ~

4.7 Crested Gecko ~ 2.0.1 Chahoua ~ 0.1 Gargoyle
                              1.2 Leopard Gecko ~ 1.0 Bearded Dragon ~ 1.1 Pictus
                              1.0 Anole ~ 1.0 Box Turtle ~ 1.0 Tree Frog

Comment

Working...
                              X