cresties sharing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cresties sharing

can i put my two cresties with a gargoyle or a golden gecko?
    War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who is too afraid to fight for what he lives for is the ugliest of all things-some old war dude whose name I forgot( i think he was like a general)

I personally wouldn't. But if you do you must follow strict quarantine procedures. I have never kept Cresteds so I might be wrong but here are the reasons I wouldn't. Basically there is just one reason "Stress". It can cause so many different problems I just don't think it is worth it. Sickness, going off food, slower growth rate, and I believe with Cresteds tail loss is also related to stress. Again I may be wrong as I have never kept Cresteds. Good Luck what ever you decide.
    Glenn Bishop
    G & M Geckos
    http://gandmgeckos.4t.com/

Comment

im with G&M on that one, you shouldnt mix species at all. also i hear gargoyles are "tail biters" so your cresties will most likely loose their tails, and be very stressed out.
      Vadalism:Beautiful as a rock in a cops face

Comment

I've spoken with a rhac keeper who puts all of his rhac hatchlings together until they obtain noticable size difference or they can be visually sexed. The only rhacs that he doesn't house with the rest of the hatchlings are the gargoyles because they eat tails like (v)@tt said.
        -Marina York-

4.3.1 Rhacodactylus ciliatus
        0.0.1 Rhacodactylus chahoua
        0.0.1 Rhacodactylus leachianus leachianus (B)
        1.0.0 ball python
        0.1.0 BCI
        0.2.0 leopard geckos

Comment

Most people agree that it is a good idea not to mix species at all. Although some people have done it successfully i strongly advise against it.
          Listen to them. Children of the night. What music they make. ---Count Dracula

Comment

yes. i too strongly advise against it.. altoguth in the rhac book it does say they can be hosued with blue toungued skink? or pink toungued . somethign liek that but the dangers and risks.. are not worth the aesthetic values.. at all

Comment

NOOOOO not a good idea
              Derek Dunlop
              DDReptiles
              www.DDReptiles.net
              Croc's Rule- Steve Irwin

Comment

yeah i wouldnt they could get parasites
                Josh
                1.0 cresties (zeus)

Comment

not even parasites but a big big BIG stress factor.. i went to a petco.. they had cresteds.. day geckos.. and vieled chameleons in teh SAME CAGE! now.. i dont know what they are thinking but i am pretty sure a big enough vieled cham woudl eat a small enough crested gecko.. but when i went they were small.. and the vield cham was brown in color..and brown in color means extremely stressed or sick.. and yea.. its not NOT good please dont try to do it.. and if you do Please be very careful

Comment

otay
                    War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who is too afraid to fight for what he lives for is the ugliest of all things-some old war dude whose name I forgot( i think he was like a general)

Comment

i didnt no gargoyles were mean like that when they were adults i thought it was only when they were young

Comment

oh yea it is. gargoyles tend to haev a tail eating stage in theirlife.. but mixing species might haev some territorial disputes and fights. who knows? hahaha i woudlnt wanna risk them.. as they are fairly expensive

Comment

Working...
                        X