Fertile Egg Question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fertile Egg Question?

My favorite Crested gecko, Old Faithful, Laid her first clutch in july. The eggs were skinny, and No viens and were greenish. I knew they weren't firtile after a few days, so I tossed them. My question is, Is it common for first time females to lay infertile clutches. I know its not the male. He is a proud father. Is it her or the clutch?

Thanks

eggs

it is pretty common for first time mums to lay bad eggs...no biggie though..the next ones should be okay as long as your females are getting alot of calcium and a healthy diet...good luck!!
    Rick Moss...Tigerbarr,inc.

Comment

i ahve a queiton on the females and calcium thing,.. feeding cgd.. will the calcium levels suffice?

Comment

u can see the calcium sacks in the roof of the female's mouth.
        http://img359.imageshack.us/img359/7...fbba61fvt1.gif
        www.world-reptiles.com

Comment

calcium....

the cgd is supossed to have enough calcium,but i always add calcium to it anyway...just to be sure. my females do really well with it. i believe also that the better the environment, the healthier the animal. but alot of people keep it simple and have really nice critters. not saying simple is not good or healthy. i just like a really elaborate setup as you can see in my pics...but that is just me...good luck
          Rick Moss...Tigerbarr,inc.

Comment

i no wut u mean lizardrick, im still drooling over those black jungle setups
            War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who is too afraid to fight for what he lives for is the ugliest of all things-some old war dude whose name I forgot( i think he was like a general)

Comment

Re: Fertile Egg Question?

[quote="palex134"]My favorite Crested gecko, Old Faithful, Laid her first clutch in july. The eggs were skinny, and No viens and were greenish. I knew they weren't firtile after a few days, so I tossed them. My question is, Is it common for first time females to lay infertile clutches. I know its not the male. He is a proud father. Is it her or the clutch?

Thanks

In my experience it is very common for the first clutch to be bad, with some females, the first several clutches may be bad.

Comment

Working...
              X