I hatched out my first eggs ever!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hatched out my first eggs ever!

I hatched 2 beautiful crested eggs on the 25th of july! They were from my red pair. That pair has produced 5 clutches for me since may 17th. Im gonna seperate the female from the male after another clutch. She has been an awesome breeder. The hatchlings are nice and heatlhy. They look like their parents except they go from red like their parents to a tan and gray. They are awesome little geckos. It took about 68 days of incubation. They are feeding on baby food and small dusted crickets. I saw one of them eat their first cricket a few days ago. I just wanted to say I Love crested geckos so much! I have leos and thoguht that they were cool but after purchasing a few cresteds, I have a new favorite gecko. I think cresteds are great geckos for all levels of experience. They are by far the best gecko I've worked with and easy my choice for the best beginer lizard. They are so calm and handleable and easy to care for. I love Rhacodactylus so much. I hope to breed Aurics or Saras soon!

Thanks all,

Also, how do you add pictures?

Gratz
    ~Eric Roberts~

If you ask a question you don't want an answer to, Expect an answer you don't want to hear.

'98 Jetta TDI 5spd, 233k miles, 42 MPG lifetime AVG(lost milage spreadsheet with HD failure last year )
    '00 Jetta TDI 5spd, 152k miles, 46 MPG lifetime AVG 2000TDIlogbook.xls

Comment

thanks, here they are...

Comment

Congratulations! You've got some cuties there!
        ~Sarah~
        www.CrestedLady.com

"This is your life, are you who you want to be?" -Switchfoot

Comment

those are smallllllllllll

Comment

yea short incubation!

Comment

ohr eally? how long it take? got any pics of ur enclosure?

Comment

68 days! they are in a 66 quart arboreal plastic with paper towel substrate and egg flats and moist hide.

Comment

ewww simple layout just kidding i liek ti to but i am more of the natrualistic approach person.. althoguth i have yet to start my natrualistic enclosure

Comment

yeaa ive always been a big fan of the naturalistic enclosures myself. im not a papertowel man, but i guess its a lot easier to manage and check for poopy and such lol id do it for babies but never for breeders or my perminent geckos i wouldnt be selling or anything like that
                    Vadalism:Beautiful as a rock in a cops face

Comment

yea but u can find ways to keep the poop decomposed anc fertilize the substrate

Comment

yeaa see ive never really understood how people manage that. how do you get it to decompose with a substrate like bed a beast or other ones like jungle mix and things like that as a substrate?
                        Vadalism:Beautiful as a rock in a cops face

Comment

Working...
                        X