No announcement yet.

Sabre the tigerbarr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So the specifications for a tigerbarr are tiger stripes that are very thick and reach down the sides of the gecko? I'm just asking so I know for future reference.
    -Marina York-

4.3.1 Rhacodactylus ciliatus
    0.0.1 Rhacodactylus chahoua
    0.0.1 Rhacodactylus leachianus leachianus (B)
    1.0.0 ball python
    0.1.0 BCI
    0.2.0 leopard geckos

Comment

Awsome cresties
      SWEET and SOUR like a TANGERINE fresh like a box of KRISPYKREMES!!!!!Powerful words for 3 Mc's and one Dj (Beastie boys)!!!!!!!

1.0.0 veiled cham
      0.1.0 leo gecko
      0.0.1 crested gec

Comment

THE TIGERBARR IS A STRAIN OF A TIGER, BUT IT HAS BEEN WORKED WITH AND PERFECTED SO THAT THE TIGER STRIPES ARE BROADER,DARKER, AND REACH ALL THE WAY ACROSS THE BACK AND DOWN THE SIDES. A GOOD FRIEND OF MINE WORKED ON THIS FOR YEARS AND FINALLY GOT ONE!!! I JUST GOT LUCKY AND TALKED HIM OUT OF IT, I WOULD HAVE NEVER GOT RID OF SOMETHING I WORKED SO HARD TO GET. HE IS JUST NOT AS INTO THE CRESTIES AS HE ONCE WAS. NOW HE IS WORKING ON SOME OTHER PROJECTS. BUT DONT YOU WORRY YOURSELVES, I AM PLANNING ON WORKING WITH THIS MORPH BIGTIME, AND I AM ALSO WORKING ON GETTING HIS PARENTS OFF OF HIM. THAT MAY BE A CHALLENGE!!~!!
        Rick Moss...Tigerbarr,inc.

Comment

very beautiful crestie you have there Ryce
          SWEET and SOUR like a TANGERINE fresh like a box of KRISPYKREMES!!!!!Powerful words for 3 Mc's and one Dj (Beastie boys)!!!!!!!

1.0.0 veiled cham
          0.1.0 leo gecko
          0.0.1 crested gec

Comment

Your caps lock is on

So it is the selective breeding of the tiger genes. In which your friend has selectivly bred the width of the bars to be larger than the average tiger. So it is still technically a tiger, but it is a rarer form of one, in which the stipes are wider and longer than they usually are so it has been given the name Tigerbarr. I don't think it is super rare, but it is definately a treasure to hold on to. People don't really selective breed tigers alot anymore. You could really produce some awsome cresties, good luck with your project.
            Listen to them. Children of the night. What music they make. ---Count Dracula

Comment

YOU GET NEW MORPHS BY LINEBREEDING CERTAIN TRAITS. SO TECHNICALLY HE IS NOT A TIGER, ALTHOUGH TIGERS WERE USED TO COME UP WITH THE TRAITS IN WHICH MAKES HIM SO DIFFERENT. AND IF ANYONE KNOWS WHERE THERE IS ANOTHER ONE AND HOOKS ME UP WITH THE PERSON WHO HAS IT IVE GOT A HUNDRED BUCKS FOR YOU A REAL TIGERBARR NOT A NICE LOOKING TIGER!!!!! BECAUSE A FEW PEOPLE INSIST THAT HE IS NOT THAT RARE THIS INVITE TO FIND ANOTHER ONE IS GOING UP FOR A NEW BENJERMAN FRANKLIN.

Comment

Whoa... looks like you're shouting. Everyone calm down just a wee bit now. "Serenity now". 8)
                ~Sarah~
                www.CrestedLady.com

"This is your life, are you who you want to be?" -Switchfoot

Comment

NOT SHOUTING AT ALL, JUST HAVE CAPS LOCK ON, IM HAPPY AS A CREATIE IN A FRUIT BOWL!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lizardrick1
                    NOT SHOUTING AT ALL, JUST HAVE CAPS LOCK ON, IM HAPPY AS A CREATIE IN A FRUIT BOWL!!!!!

LOl cute.ohh man keep us updated with your project!

Comment

OOPS!!! I MEANT A CRESTIE IN A FRUIT BOWL!!!!!!

Comment

yeaaaaaa i figred

Comment

Wow, I really like the coloring on that gecko.
                          0.2 crested geckos
                          2.2 leopard geckos
                          0.0.3 fire bellied toads
                          0.0.1 corn snake
                          0.0.1 hermit crab

Comment

I understand what you mean now. Crestie genes can be confusing and irretating, considering we haven't mapped them out like our genes. Whether he is rare or not is irrelevent, he is still a great looking crestie. Good luck with your prodject, can't wait to see what the hatchlings look like. Definately keep us updated.

Comment

crested gecko genes.. are VERY complicated. or so i hear from all the little crested gecko researcher peoplessssssss since theyre sso many combinations.. and all tehse co domimdinat and wha tnot. might take yrs till we find out

Comment

Well that and dominant recessive, and co-dominant, co-recessive, and don't forget gene mutations! You can't really just draw a punnet square and figure it out. And like you said gcxbrian, it will take a long time before we really understand crestie genes.

Comment

Working...
                                X