Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! My crestie has an eye issue

Help my crestie has a problem
    Hi im very new to this forum, i have my male crestie keko who is 8 years old now, he seemed to develop this odd eye issue where his right eye is clear but not bulged out or has discharge and i can look through it almost like someone painted a glass bead with a pupil on one side to make a lens. He has no signs of injury. His left eye seems to be slightly more bulged out then the clear right eye however it seems to look like a normal crested gecko eye since it has a lens but i cant look through it on an angle. There no stuck shed its just on his toes (even with his misting system it happens) which i already soaked him In a Shed aid bath to rid of it And his temps and humidity is the same as what the vet told me to do when i first got him 7 years ago. I really don't want to take him to the vet because its an hour drive and its cold out (canada fall rn) plus it would be pricey if it was something i could treat or nothing at all, but i would take him if I absolutely needed to. I seen other posts with this problem but never found an answer so im hoping someone can solve this he is my baby boy and in scared if its cancerous! I also dont know how to post pics since its not letting me i have many pics and videos though.

Do you have a photo? It's a bit difficult to tell without it... is it sunken or? That's a sign of dehydration usually.
    --- Correlophus Ciliatus 2.4.0 - Python Regius 1.0 ---

Comment

The photo option on this forum doesn't work right now for some reason. Can you upload the photo(s) to Imgur (free to use), and post a link?

Another option for you would be to email your photos to your vet and see if they can give you some advice over the phone. A lot of vets are doing "tele-health" right now, just like for people. It would still cost you something, but probably less than an in-person visit.
      Eileen
      TAD "Tiny Ancient Dinosaur" (Crestie), Hidey (Garg), O.G. "Office Gecko" (Bauer's Chameleon gecko), TBD "Tiny Badass Dragon" (Western Bearded Anole), 3.1.0
      Rody Jane (cattledog/stinkwad mix), Dixie Moonpie (rattledog) George P-Dog (lab/Great Pyr) 1.2.0, Ringer (barn cat) 1.0.0

Comment

I will attempt to upload to imgur i also have a email i can email it as well, i dont think he is dehydrated since when i lightly grabbed his folds they slide back into place and the eye not sunken in where it looks like he is sleeping but i notices that it has a dark looking cloud to his pupil too if its cataracts can it hurt him? He only really eats his paste and i have to kill his crickets anyways to tweezer feed him since i have cocoa fiber substrate for him would the vet even be able to help him? My vet doesn’t have the telephone option rip

Comment

I hope the pics are enough just scroll there should be 5 (also dont mind the mess im moving out soon)
          Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more.

Comment

OK, there's definitely something going on with the eye. It looks like some morphological change inside. This definitely merits a vet visit. As TAD suggested, you may be able to send the photo to the vet to determine whether you need to bring your gecko in in person.
            3.3.0 Correlophus ciliatus (crested geckos)

Comment

I'm not sure if a vet would be able to help that (unless an experienced reptile vet), but it wouldn't hurt to try to find out. He may lose vision in that eye eventually, if he hasn't already. If he's not in pain, and can get around fine, he can probably live a normal, long life. But with reptiles, it's hard to tell if they are in pain. If you can find a vet, I would try going that route, at least just to find out if they can tell what's causing it, and if he can see out of that eye or not.

I'm not sure where you're located, but you can search for a reptile vet at www.arav.org.
              Eileen
              TAD "Tiny Ancient Dinosaur" (Crestie), Hidey (Garg), O.G. "Office Gecko" (Bauer's Chameleon gecko), TBD "Tiny Badass Dragon" (Western Bearded Anole), 3.1.0
              Rody Jane (cattledog/stinkwad mix), Dixie Moonpie (rattledog) George P-Dog (lab/Great Pyr) 1.2.0, Ringer (barn cat) 1.0.0

Comment

Well vet visit is tuesday and i live in manitoba but in the country, he sees out of it and it reacts to light im just worried if its cancer? Like i heard a story about babies having white show in their eyes on camera and it was a sign of cancer can that be true for geckos?? Can a 8 year old gecko who is 45 grams go through surgery?

Comment

I'm not a vet but it may not be possible to determine whether the eye is cancerous or whether the problem comes from a different condition. If it is eye cancer, your vet may decide to remove the eye to give your gecko a few more healthy years. Alternatively, they may take a wait-and-see approach. Either way, I hope for the best for you and your gecko.
                  3.3.0 Correlophus ciliatus (crested geckos)

Comment

Originally posted by Treebiscuit View Post
                    I'm not a vet but it may not be possible to determine whether the eye is cancerous or whether the problem comes from a different condition. If it is eye cancer, your vet may decide to remove the eye to give your gecko a few more healthy years. Alternatively, they may take a wait-and-see approach. Either way, I hope for the best for you and your gecko.
                    Thanks i really hope its not cancerous and if he has to lose the eye i know it wont effect him too much its just im worried about surgery and putting him under if he even wake up after or infection. I just fed him and he still eating like his usually monster appetite and he chilling in all his ledges so climbing isn't an issue, im going to the vet tuesday so i will update after. Thanks again everyone for the responses anything helps!

Comment

Working...
                    X