General Question Regarding Foods -CrestedGecko

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General Question Regarding Foods -CrestedGecko

Hello, I recently purchased a few types of Repashy to try them out to see which once my Crested Gecko would like i was informed to get a few different ones as Crested Geckos can be a bit picky. Although it seems like Buttons isn't a big fan of Repashy so i am feeding him Crickets as he prefers those over mealworms. I would like to know exactly which products would be best to use in order to dust my crickets so my little buddy gets all the nutrients he needs to live a strong healthy life. (Note he has only went 3 days now without dusted crickets as i was attempting to feed him the Repashy commercial stuff) Also i would like to add that i honestly can't actually tell if he has been eating the Repashy but i do put a very small cap with some in there mixed with distilled water every day and i don't really see much of a difference when i wake up and such so it is extremely hard to tell if he is eating it. I have thought about maybe mixing the Repashy up a bit and perhaps coating the crickets with it so that way he does get some sort of nutrients durring the day but i have no clue if that is even a good idea at this point. Anyways i could use some help in this department so if someone could lead me in the proper direction that would be wonderful!.

Note please find the product from petsmart.ca and please make sure it is .ca and not .com i will provide a link down below and to help i will also include my Stores PostalCode so i am sure the product is available in my area.

PetSmart Canada URL: https://www.petsmart.ca/search/?q=Calcium Reptile&ps=undefined
    PostCode For Local PetSmart: N9E 1S6

If he doesn't wanna eat repashy, then i'd try out Pangea instead. They cannot live properly only on insects, so i would take those away until he's eating his CGD for sure. It might take a while, but he'll eat eventually. As for what to use to dust your insects when he starts eating his CGD again, you want calcium + d3, if you don't use uvb, and calcium without if you do.
    --- Correlophus Ciliatus 2.4.0 - Python Regius 1.0 ---

Comment

I agree with everything geckso has said, mine don’t really like repashy. Out of 22 cresteds, only 3 will eat the repashy. I would recommend diets like Pangea or the leaping leachie diets! I’ve tried both, and my entire crew liked most of the flavours.

Comment

Alright, Well i just checked out the options from Pangea and even tho i am in Windsor Ontario which is next to detroit it seems like i would have to pay 25 dollars shipping on any order which is american and it doesn't seem like i can find any Pangea supplies in my local area so do you happen to know of any other options that would work as i am in Canada and paying in American dollar plus paying this shipping wouldn't make much sense. considering total cost for 8 oz of Pangea it would cost me 43.54 American which equals out to 57.32 Canadian. I don't mind trying it out because i do want him to eat properly but i don't see this working out as a long term options as "A" Shipping and handle can very depending on how the postal service wants to be. "B" the cost is 20 or so more then other brands available locally such as Repashy. Although as i said i will give it a shot i get paid friday so i will make an order. Does anyone have any specific type of Pangea that maybe my best shot? I just want to make sure he is getting all his nutrients including his calcium and such.

Comment

Originally posted by MeepMeep View Post
          Alright, Well i just checked out the options from Pangea and even tho i am in Windsor Ontario which is next to detroit it seems like i would have to pay 25 dollars shipping on any order which is american and it doesn't seem like i can find any Pangea supplies in my local area so do you happen to know of any other options that would work as i am in Canada and paying in American dollar plus paying this shipping wouldn't make much sense. considering total cost for 8 oz of Pangea it would cost me 43.54 American which equals out to 57.32 Canadian. I don't mind trying it out because i do want him to eat properly but i don't see this working out as a long term options as "A" Shipping and handle can very depending on how the postal service wants to be. "B" the cost is 20 or so more then other brands available locally such as Repashy. Although as i said i will give it a shot i get paid friday so i will make an order. Does anyone have any specific type of Pangea that maybe my best shot? I just want to make sure he is getting all his nutrients including his calcium and such.
          Here you go i found a few place sin Canada that sells it, i hope it helps (: The red flavour seems to be the overall favourite in my experience. https://allreptiles.ca/supplies/food...ects-2933.html https://www.reptilesrus.ca/pangea-fr...h-insects-2oz/

Comment

I usually get my pangea from reptilesrus in Ontario. Or Pet Paradise in Ontario also has it. Allreptiles is a good shop too but their shipping is a little more expensive, at least to my area. Or if you have a local reptile shop, they might have it as well. But my local shop only has the Papaya and Apricot flavours which my geckos aren’t fond of. I agree that the red bag is my geckos favorite too.

Comment

Well due to Windsor here being anti reptile and having so many bylaws in place to avoid the resale of reptiles there isnt many areas i can go although about 35mins out of town there is a place called The Vivarium which since it is out of town can sell reptiles etc i did give him a call today after seeing this post and they don't carry Pangea but they have some options as well which is good. Although this link here for allreptiles.ca seems pretty good the price is reasonable and roughly about what i would pay for Repashy which is good so long as this price is Canadian of course. Now this Pangea Complete with Insects does it contain all the nutrients that my Crested Gecko needs including Calcium and such? Or do i still need to go and buy other things as well?

Comment

The pangea is a complete diet. You don’t need to add anything! If you chose to feed crickets as a treat food, you will need to dust those with calcium. I feed crickets once a week or so.
                Also the price on Allreptiles is in Canadian. I got some geckos there, they’re a great little shop!

Comment

What do you get to dust the crickets with? Because i am going to do an order on Allreptiles as their prices are rasonable.

Comment

I’m unsure of brand but any reptile calcium with D3 should work just fine.

Comment

Yes like Indigo said. All Pangeas (except the one called Fruit Mix) are full diets. This D3 from Zoo med should work just fine, https://allreptiles.ca/supplies/vita...m-with-d3.html there are some Calcium + d3s out there that have too much d3 in them for my liking

Comment

Awesome! Thank you so much.

Comment

Use Calcium WITHOUT d3 if you are using UVB lighting. If you are not using the lighting, use Calcium WITH d3 for your insects. But - I agree with all above - they need CGD (complete diet) more than they need insects, so do try to find something that will work - Repashy and Pangea are the best. Any of the flavors are complete diets. DON'T use a cheap brand like Fluker's or a store brand.

It may take a while for your gecko to get used to eating it, but he will eventually - they won't starve themselves if there is food available. As you say, you may just not be noticing the lick marks. I would hold off on the insects until he's eating the powdered CGD.
                          Eileen
                          TAD "Tiny Ancient Dinosaur" (Crestie), Hidey (Garg), O.G. "Office Gecko" (Bauer's Chameleon gecko), TBD "Tiny Badass Dragon" (Western Bearded Anole), 3.1.0
                          Rody Jane (cattledog/stinkwad mix), Dixie Moonpie (rattledog) George P-Dog (lab/Great Pyr) 1.2.0, Ringer (barn cat) 1.0.0

Comment

I buy from reptilesrus.com, a Canadian site that Geckso also mentioned. They do a good job.
                            3.3.0 Correlophus ciliatus (crested geckos)

Comment

I get all of my reptile supplies from Reptilesrus and sometimes Amazon! I’ve ordered from other places as well, but ReptilesRus seems to have the best prices for what I need!

Comment

Working...
                              X