Water?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water?

What water do you use? Is there one water you can use for CGD, water bowl & misting?

For cgd I just use bottled water. I use water from my faucet for everything else (I do have purified water though).

Comment

Is chlorine in the water something you have to worry about for crested geckos?

Comment

Originally posted by Lilyflower78 View Post
        Is chlorine in the water something you have to worry about for crested geckos?
        Depends on how much, but you can buy dechlorinators specifically made to make chlorinated water safe for reptiles (: Other than that you can use bottled water, just be sure to never use purified/distilled water as drinking water for reptiles/amphibians if you haven't remineralised it.
        --- Correlophus Ciliatus 2.4.0 - Python Regius 1.0 ---

Comment

I don't imagine chlorine to be great for them. Chlorine easily evaporates though so you can let water sit for 24 hours before you use it.
          I am lucky to live in northern Sweden where we have great tap water, no chlorine added . I can even use straight tap water for my fish tank.

Comment

I use water straight from the tap for both drinking water and CGD. I use distilled water in the misting system so that it doesn't get gunked up with minerals.

FWIW, though, I let the tap water sit and get to room temperature before I put it in the fish tank, though.
            3.3.0 Correlophus ciliatus (crested geckos)

Comment

Can I just use tap water with reptisafe for example and just use that for everything?

Comment

I use distilled water for everything including his misting system, doesn’t leave any water marks on the glass.

Comment

Originally posted by Geckso View Post

Depends on how much, but you can buy dechlorinators specifically made to make chlorinated water safe for reptiles (: Other than that you can use bottled water, just be sure to never use purified/distilled water as drinking water for reptiles/amphibians if you haven't remineralised it.
                  can you use reverse osmosis water for them?

Comment

Originally posted by Mrtoad View Post

can you use reverse osmosis water for them?
                    Only if it has been remineralised.

Comment

Originally posted by Geckso View Post

Only if it has been remineralised.
                      ok thanks. I had no idea and had been using it. I have very hard well water and we have an softener and an iron system to remove iron as it is orange otherwise. We have the reverse osmosis system for our drinking water on top of that. Is the water with those two systems in place ok to
                      use (before the reverse osmosis system)? Or should I use bottled water for making the food?

Comment

Originally posted by Mrtoad View Post

ok thanks. I had no idea and had been using it. I have very hard well water and we have an softener and an iron system to remove iron as it is orange otherwise. We have the reverse osmosis system for our drinking water on top of that. Is the water with those two systems in place ok to
                        use (before the reverse osmosis system)? Or should I use bottled water for making the food?
                        Im not too sure, it depends on whether or not there's minerals, especially salts/electrolytes in the water, but if you're using it as drinking water, i'd assume there is. Otherwise, you can use distilled water, but use a remineraliser like this one from Joshs Frogs https://www.joshsfrogs.com/josh-s-fr...o-rx-4-oz.html. When making the CGD i believe you should be able to use distilled water without any problems as all the minerals they need are in the CGD itself, it's just the water in the water bowl that should preferably have minerals in it (:

Comment

Ok thank you. Can I just use regular bottled water?

Comment

So you can use distilled water for misting and CGD and use remineralized distilled water for the water bowl.

Comment

I use distilled water for everything including the water bowl. The CGD has all the minerals he needs. Tap water can contain chlorine and so can bottled water.

Comment

Working...
                              X