Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do geckos stop growing after they've been paired?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do geckos stop growing after they've been paired?

I've heard some people say that their geckos stopped growing after they were bred for the first time, has anyone experienced that?
    I have a male that i originally wanted to pair when he hit somewhere in the mid 30s, but if they stop growing, i'm deff gonna wait a bit longer
    --- Correlophus Ciliatus 2.4.0 - Python Regius 1.0 ---

Reptiles never stop growing. They continue to grow as long as they live, though of course their growth slows down significantly once they become adults. Mating is more likely to slow down the growth of a female than a male because they put so much energy into producing eggs. It doesn't affect the growth of males at all.
    3.3.0 Correlophus ciliatus (crested geckos)

Comment

Originally posted by Treebiscuit View Post
      Reptiles never stop growing. They continue to grow as long as they live, though of course their growth slows down significantly once they become adults. Mating is more likely to slow down the growth of a female than a male because they put so much energy into producing eggs. It doesn't affect the growth of males at all.
      Thank you! I did think it sounded off, but i figured i'd ask if anyone else had experienced it, before i just assumed it was wrong... Gonna go with my original plan then (:
      --- Correlophus Ciliatus 2.4.0 - Python Regius 1.0 ---

Comment

Working...
      X