Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crested gecko hysterectomy

Hello,
    my crested gecko has her first egg ( she’s around 2.5 years old) and she has had difficulty passing it, we have been seeing a wonderful exotic vet and they are going to be removing the egg and her ovaries. Has anyone had this procedure done for their crested? If so do you have any tips for after care and how well did your crested do with the surgery? I’m super nervous about something so small having such a major surgery

This is the first time I have heard of this before. I hope the surgery goes well for your gecko. She will probably have a much more comfortable life after she heals from this.
    3.3.0 Correlophus ciliatus (crested geckos)

Comment

I'm sorry to hear that, surgery always comes with risks especially in something so small, but they've probably done it before, so dw, they know what they're doing. The only advise i can give you is to make sure you've got a nice quarantine set up ready for when she gets home, i'd recommend a small plastic box with only the essentials, and paper towels as substrate. Also, i wouldn't give her too much space to climb until she's healed, but i'm sure your doctor would advise the same.
      --- Correlophus Ciliatus 2.4.0 - Python Regius 1.0 ---

Comment

Working...
      X