Blood blister? Mite? A growth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blood blister? Mite? A growth?

Hi there! I recently noticed this strange circular shaped thing on my crested geckos foot. I haven’t had him for long and this was one of the first times he really had his feet on the glass he’s usually hiding or sleeping in all of his foliage, but never the less here are the photos. They’re zoomed in, for reference he’s a 4.15 gram juvenile. I’d love to hear any ideas you guys have. Thanks so much here’s a link to the photo. Pangea wouldnt let me upload the photo in the text box for some reason.

http://www.simpleimageresizer.com/_u...34DEA54_50.png

I haven't ever seen anything like that before. I would check with a vet on that. If you can't get in to see one, email that photo and ask for advice. You can find an exotics vet at www.arav.org.
    Eileen
    TAD "Tiny Ancient Dinosaur" (Crestie), Hidey (Garg), O.G. "Office Gecko" (Bauer's Chameleon gecko), TBD "Tiny Badass Dragon" (Western Bearded Anole), 3.1.0
    Rody Jane (cattledog/stinkwad mix), Dixie Moonpie (rattledog) George P-Dog (lab/Great Pyr) 1.2.0, Ringer (barn cat) 1.0.0

Comment

I agree with TAD -- I've never seen anything like that before. It doesn't look like a mite. Are you sure it's something on your gecko and not something between its foot and the glass?
      3.3.0 Correlophus ciliatus (crested geckos)

Comment

With what TAD and Treebiscuit have said, I honestly have no clue what that could be.

(I am a newer crestie owner so I don’t have as much experience that others may have).

Are you positive it isn’t something on the glass of the tank? If you can, I would advise that you get a vet to look at it if you can? My local vet is currently doing online sessions online with patients for any questions or help pets need. If this is available near you, I would advise that you try that. If it is not something they offer to others, (if it is something you would like) you could request it with your local herp vet.

Comment

Thanks everyone!
          It’s definitely not something stuck to the glass it was still on his foot when he walked off the glass. I tried to rub it off with a warm qtip, no luck there. It doesn’t seem to hinder his movement or be uncomfortable on his foot at all, so I’m thankful for that. His behavior is normal. I’m gonna give it a week and keep monitoring him, he also shed the day before I noticed that, maybe he hurt himself while rubbing or pinched his foot while trying to take off his skin? But if it does not get better I’m going to contact a herp vet and try and do an online visit, if not I’ll be bringing him in. Thanks again everyone

Comment

Working...
          X