Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I use vitamin with faulty seal cap liner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I use vitamin with faulty seal cap liner?

Hello, sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place, I'm new, but I need advice. I recently ordered a tub of Repashy calcium + vitamin powder, and upon opening, I noticed that the safety cap liner had a small gap on the side, plus it was really easy to remove. That makes me question if it is still safe to use for dusting my gecko's insects? I would hate to be forced to throw it out (I'm a bit tight on money at the moment), but I also don't want to accidentally give my gecko a vitamin deficiency if it there is a chance that it has expired.

Thank you in advance!

Personally i wouldn't use it, both because it seems that it has been opened, but also because if you feed CGD then they really shouldn't be fed any more vitamins except for d3. So i'd return it if possible, and then get just pure calcium + d3.
    --- Correlophus Ciliatus 2.4.0 - Python Regius 1.0 ---

Comment

Oh, I was thinking of feeding them with insects every now and then. Well, it seems I'll have to accept my loss, I'm not too happy about it, but there's not a lot I can do. :/ Thanks for the advice anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by Grubs'n'whiskey View Post
        Oh, I was thinking of feeding them with insects every now and then. Well, it seems I'll have to accept my loss, I'm not too happy about it, but there's not a lot I can do. :/ Thanks for the advice anyway!
        You should feed insects, but they should be dusted with calcium + d3, not vitamins (:

Comment

Oh, it is calcium + d3 + a bunch of other vitamins. That's why I'm so bummed - I was really looking forward to enriching their diet.

Comment

Originally posted by Grubs'n'whiskey View Post
            Oh, it is calcium + d3 + a bunch of other vitamins. That's why I'm so bummed - I was really looking forward to enriching their diet.
            Yeah i know, it's just the vitamin part that's bad. Buy some calcium + d3, without vitamins, and use that on your insects. CGDs are formulated so that all the vitamins they need are in there, if you add more vitamins, you could end up overdosing your animal over time. Really not worth the risk (:

Comment

Thank you! ❤️

Comment

Working...
              X