Crested Gecko might lose tail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crested Gecko might lose tail

I’ve had my crested gecko for around 3 weeks and I’ve not handled him. I’ve only misted and changed his food every night. I’m worried he is not eating so I put in 2 different food bowls. I’m going to get a new variety of Pangea to see if he eats that. I’m worried he is going to lose his take because his take is very pale compared to the rest of his body which is a light brown. Is there anything I can do to make him eat and not lose his tail?

Welcome to the forum.

There are two different issues here.

1. Tail -- your gecko's tail looks normal. Cresties' tails are generally lighter than the rest of their body.
    2. It's also normal for a gecko in a new environment to go on a hunger strike. Keep providing food and eventually, your gecko will eat. It might take a few more days or a few more weeks, but your gecko will not starve itself.
    3.3.0 Correlophus ciliatus (crested geckos)

Comment

Ditto previous post.
      Eileen
      TAD "Tiny Ancient Dinosaur" (Crestie), Hidey (Garg), O.G. "Office Gecko" (Bauer's Chameleon gecko), TBD "Tiny Badass Dragon" (Western Bearded Anole), 3.1.0
      Rody Jane (cattledog/stinkwad mix), Dixie Moonpie (rattledog) George P-Dog (lab/Great Pyr) 1.2.0, Ringer (barn cat) 1.0.0

Comment

Working...
      X