Humidity Troubles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Humidity Troubles

Hello! I just recently posted about the tank size, but after resolving that, i discovered that I am having a really hard time keeping the humidity up to par. I have misted countless times and it still stays in the 40-50 range. I have gotten it to 70-95, but it wont stay anymore.

You do want a drying off period. If it is too dry, try adding some wet sphagnum moss, either in a tray or on your substrate, and you can try covering the lid to your tank with some tin foil to help keep humidity in. Do you have an analog or digital hygrometer? Analogs are notoriously unreliable.
    Eileen
    TAD "Tiny Ancient Dinosaur" (Crestie), Hidey (Garg), O.G. "Office Gecko" (Bauer's Chameleon gecko), TBD "Tiny Badass Dragon" (Western Bearded Anole), 3.1.0
    Rody Jane (cattledog/stinkwad mix), Dixie Moonpie (rattledog) George P-Dog (lab/Great Pyr) 1.2.0, Ringer (barn cat) 1.0.0

Comment

Originally posted by TAD View Post
      You do want a drying off period. If it is too dry, try adding some wet sphagnum moss, either in a tray or on your substrate, and you can try covering the lid to your tank with some tin foil to help keep humidity in. Do you have an analog or digital hygrometer? Analogs are notoriously unreliable.
      Analog, haha. I'll drop by the store and grab a digital one before the little one arrives. Thanks for the tips This is my first reptile, and I'm so sketched that I'm going to mess something up lol.

Comment

Working...
      X