Crested gecko fogger ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crested gecko fogger ?

I just started use a repti fogger for my crested gecko Ezmae to boost up the humidity in his 24x18x18 Exoterra enclosure. My question is does the fog make it difficult for these animals to breathe? I only use it at night and still mist my tank 2 times a day. But I noticed this morning he was on top of his enclosure upside down hanging from the mesh. Now there are two explanations for this and I could just be paranoid. He was hunting his crickets (that were also hiding on the top of the mesh upside down) or he needed air. Anyone have any experience with this thanks
    Attached Files

We bought a repti fogger for our 18x18x24 about 3 weeks ago and we haven't noticed a change in their behavior. We use it through out the day along with misting mostly because we can't seem to keep the humidity up for very long. Hope this helps!

Comment

Do you have, or can you get a hygrometer to measure the humidity? It isn't all that unusual for them to hang on the screen every now and then, so I wouldn't worry too much. But if it is too damp, they can have respiratory problems. If there is a drying out period during the day, and he's eating and pooping OK, I'd say he'll be just fine.
      Eileen
      TAD "Tiny Ancient Dinosaur" (Crestie), Hidey (Garg), O.G. "Office Gecko" (Bauer's Chameleon gecko), TBD "Tiny Badass Dragon" (Western Bearded Anole), 3.1.0
      Rody Jane (cattledog/stinkwad mix), Dixie Moonpie (rattledog) George P-Dog (lab/Great Pyr) 1.2.0, Ringer (barn cat) 1.0.0

Comment

I do have a hydrometer and a temperature meter as well. Thank you so much I think I was just overly paranoid but as you can see ye was a huntin for the crickets... thank you all for your comments!

Comment

Your humidity should be between 80-90% in the evening, drying off to around 50% during the day. If you're somewhere close to that, your crestie will be fine.
          Eileen
          TAD "Tiny Ancient Dinosaur" (Crestie), Hidey (Garg), O.G. "Office Gecko" (Bauer's Chameleon gecko), TBD "Tiny Badass Dragon" (Western Bearded Anole), 3.1.0
          Rody Jane (cattledog/stinkwad mix), Dixie Moonpie (rattledog) George P-Dog (lab/Great Pyr) 1.2.0, Ringer (barn cat) 1.0.0

Comment

Working...
          X