Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What can live with crested gecko in 55 gal tank?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What can live with crested gecko in 55 gal tank?

I have a 12x22x30 tank that used to be a 35 gal aquarium that now houses my crested gecko. The title cant be changed for some reason and upon doing the math its a 35 gal tank. I was wondering if there is any species that would be beneficial to put in with him. If there isnt anything that would be beneficial is there a species that wont cause any problems?

The only thing I'd put with a crested gecko is another crested gecko and since you have a male, based on what you've written, I wouldn't recommend it. Otherwise, it may be a question of who's going to be whose dinner.

Aliza

Comment

Your gecko would love to have that tank alllll to himself! They don't need a buddy. The more space they have, the better they like it!
      Eileen
      TAD "Tiny Ancient Dinosaur" (Crestie), Hidey (Garg), O.G. "Office Gecko" (Bauer's Chameleon gecko), TBD "Tiny Badass Dragon" (Western Bearded Anole), 3.1.0
      Rody Jane (cattledog/stinkwad mix), Dixie Moonpie (rattledog) George P-Dog (lab/Great Pyr) 1.2.0, Ringer (barn cat) 1.0.0

Comment

Your gecko might love some live plants. . .
        3.3.0 Correlophus ciliatus (crested geckos)

Comment

As ive been looking into this more it looks like a live bioactive setup may be better than another gecko

Comment

I adopted my Male crested gecko Ezmae 2 years ago. The people who had him before me actually had a little common tree frog in with him. I kept him together with him and they do not cause eachother problems at all. I do have to throw in twice the amount of crickets tho so that there is plentiful. And the tank size is a 24x18x18
            Attached Files

Comment

A bioactive tank would be wonderful for your gecko! It is a lot less work, once you have it all set up!
              Eileen
              TAD "Tiny Ancient Dinosaur" (Crestie), Hidey (Garg), O.G. "Office Gecko" (Bauer's Chameleon gecko), TBD "Tiny Badass Dragon" (Western Bearded Anole), 3.1.0
              Rody Jane (cattledog/stinkwad mix), Dixie Moonpie (rattledog) George P-Dog (lab/Great Pyr) 1.2.0, Ringer (barn cat) 1.0.0

Comment

Working...
              X