Bioactive Humidity Too High?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bioactive Humidity Too High?

I recently changed all of my tanks to bioactive, and they're doing great... except for the fact that i can't seem to keep the humidity down?
    In two of them it's constantly in the mid 70s or higher, while the third seems to be 95+ at all times, even though i haven't sprayed them down at all? Only the very occasional spray on the glass to help a suction cup stay up, but that's it. At first i thought the hygrometer was broken, but i just checked it with another one that i know works, and it shows the same readings.

Anyone else with bioactives know how to keep the humidity down a bit? I know that you're not supposed to spray down bioactives as often as non-bioactives, but not spraying at all seems wrong.
    Last edited by Geckso; 11-11-2019, 03:40 AM. Reason: spelling mistake

I noted the same thing when I first set up my Geckos habitat, but after about a month as the substrate has dried out the humidity will be 95% right after I mist but will come down to 50-60% after a few hours.

Comment

I recently switched to bioactives too. Because I live in Wisconsin and it is already very cold here, I put in a deep heat projector on my biggest tank, and am using CHE's on my two smaller ones. That has seemed to dry things out quite a bit, in addition to keeping my geckos nice and toasty. I am finding I still need to mist regularly every evening.
      Eileen
      TAD "Tiny Ancient Dinosaur" (Crestie), Hidey (Garg), O.G. "Office Gecko" (Bauer's Chameleon gecko), TBD "Tiny Badass Dragon" (Western Bearded Anole), 3.1.0
      Rody Jane (cattledog/stinkwad mix), Dixie Moonpie (rattledog) George P-Dog (lab/Great Pyr) 1.2.0, Ringer (barn cat) 1.0.0

Comment

Working...
      X