Sunken in eyes??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunken in eyes??

Went I went to handle my crestie just now, I noticed her eyes were very sunken in... I'd noticed they were a tiny bit sunken the past couple days, but I'd didnt worry about it because it was barely noticeable, now, however, they just look too sickly to be normal. They also seem kind of red, and her skin color just isn't right... I'm not sure if she's sick or what. There aren't any exotic vets nearby so I'm really hoping I can find some answers here.

This is what she usually looks like, for reference, she just doesn't look healthy.

Comment

This look sometimes happens when geckos get angry and/or are sleepy. Was she asleep? Was she acting vicious?
      3.3.0 Correlophus ciliatus (crested geckos)

Comment

I really can’t tell from the pictures. Sorry. Is she acting normal or is something different than normal?

Comment

Sunken eyes can *sometimes* mean they are dehydrated. Is she getting misted regularly? You could try a couple of saunas...some warm water in a small container, just enough to cover the toes, with a paper towel on the bottom, and let her soak for 10-15 minutes a couple of times a week.
          Eileen
          TAD "Tiny Ancient Dinosaur" (Crestie), Hidey (Garg), O.G. "Office Gecko" (Bauer's Chameleon gecko), TBD "Tiny Badass Dragon" (Western Bearded Anole), 3.1.0
          Rody Jane (cattledog/stinkwad mix), Dixie Moonpie (rattledog) George P-Dog (lab/Great Pyr) 1.2.0, Ringer (barn cat) 1.0.0

Comment

What is she eating?
            Eileen
            TAD "Tiny Ancient Dinosaur" (Crestie), Hidey (Garg), O.G. "Office Gecko" (Bauer's Chameleon gecko), TBD "Tiny Badass Dragon" (Western Bearded Anole), 3.1.0
            Rody Jane (cattledog/stinkwad mix), Dixie Moonpie (rattledog) George P-Dog (lab/Great Pyr) 1.2.0, Ringer (barn cat) 1.0.0

Comment

Sunken eyes are usually a sign of dehydration, especially if it isn't accompanied by any other symptoms. I'd give her a daily sauna for a couple of days, and keep the humidity extra high. If that doesn't help, i'd get her to a vet regardless of how far the nearest is (:

Comment

Originally posted by Barnlille View Post
                Sunken eyes are usually a sign of dehydration, especially if it isn't accompanied by any other symptoms. I'd give her a daily sauna for a couple of days, and keep the humidity extra high. If that doesn't help, i'd get her to a vet regardless of how far the nearest is (:
                Yeah, my friend also told me it might be dehydration. She isn't lethargic or anything, but she wouldn't eat when I fed her last night. I'm gonna try and keep her hydrated and hope that will help her eyes and appetite.

Comment

Working...
                X