Urates not in a glob?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urates not in a glob?

The urates I’ve been finding in my gecko’s tank have not been in a “sac” or a glob, but more or less spread onto the paper towel (substrate) when I find it (they’re dryish by the time I find them). She COULD be stepping in it but I’m wondering what it would mean if the urates were actually being released “loose” and not all together in a tidy ball. Her pooping has been normal, she’s a good eater (Pangea and about five bugs total wax worms and dubias). She did recently get one round of wormer (Panacur) about two weeks ago (maybe three) and has changed where she sleeps (she used to stay in a pool noodle at the bottom of the tank, now she stays up in the fake plants that are in the path of the mister). She is in quarantine as she is new, we’ve had her about a month.

It usually takes 2 or 3 rounds of wormer to be sure you are rid of parasites. If you do that and she's still having runny poops, take a fresh fecal sample to your vet to check for parasites.
    Eileen
    TAD "Tiny Ancient Dinosaur" (Crestie), Hidey (Garg), O.G. "Office Gecko" (Bauer's Chameleon gecko), TBD "Tiny Badass Dragon" (Western Bearded Anole), 3.1.0
    Rody Jane (cattledog/stinkwad mix), Dixie Moonpie (rattledog) George P-Dog (lab/Great Pyr) 1.2.0, Ringer (barn cat) 1.0.0

Comment

TAD, the stools are completely normal, it’s the urates that are different and I am wondering about.

Comment

I think it sounds pretty normal. If she's eating, pooping and peeing, and is not losing weight, she is probably just fine.
        Eileen
        TAD "Tiny Ancient Dinosaur" (Crestie), Hidey (Garg), O.G. "Office Gecko" (Bauer's Chameleon gecko), TBD "Tiny Badass Dragon" (Western Bearded Anole), 3.1.0
        Rody Jane (cattledog/stinkwad mix), Dixie Moonpie (rattledog) George P-Dog (lab/Great Pyr) 1.2.0, Ringer (barn cat) 1.0.0

Comment

Update: She definitely just stepped in it... I caught her white footed today just before heading into a sauna.

Comment

Working...
          X