The moon phase geckos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The moon phase geckos

Everyone has heard of the "moon glow" and seen lots of pictures of fired down animals with claims for being a moon glow. Well I have a new moon morph but am having trouble taking pictures. it is the "Moon Hole" named after the moon glow and a black hole due to it's major lack of brightness. I will try to get photos up soon but the little fella just is so dark the only way you can see him is by the light bending near him causing distortions, If any one has any suggestion on how to photograph him I would be interested.
    "The dead are likely dull fellows, full of tedious complaints - 'the ground's too cold, my gravestone should be larger, why does HE get more worms than I do...'".

I'm not sure about photography techniques, but I'd stay away from that thing. You might get sucked in! Put the cgd in with tongs...
    1.0.0 crested - Cuervo

Comment

I have a gecko that may be a moon hole. Every time I try to take photos of it, my camera turns off or the pictures just have a really dark cryptic text show up where the gecko should have been.

"I have seen the dark universe yawning
      Where the black planets roll without aim-
      Where they roll in their horror unheeded,
      Without knowledge or lustre or name."

I don't know what that means. Do you think he is lonely???
      The name Stella fills me with dread.
      Mondegreen Geckos
      >iHerp >Facebook

Comment

It means you need to leave the room before doing certain things, being exposed to that is frying his little brain!
        "The dead are likely dull fellows, full of tedious complaints - 'the ground's too cold, my gravestone should be larger, why does HE get more worms than I do...'".

Comment

I don't do anything in front of him We had to move him into the garage because he makes it so cold.
          The name Stella fills me with dread.
          Mondegreen Geckos
          >iHerp >Facebook

Comment

I have a gecko that glows in the dark. As bright as the moon. It's pretty spiffy.
            Mrs. Smith's Geckos
            My iherp
            Facebook
            https://www.morphmarket.com/stores/mrssmithsgeckos/
            Many crested geckos, 0.1 leachie, 1.1 Hog Island boas, 0.0.3 Phyllobates terribilis, 1.1 cats, and 0.1 dog. One husband and one four year old.

Comment

I would get kinda scared if someone asked me to take pictures of their moon hole....
              C. ciliatus 3.6.36.24 D. leucomelas 0.0.4 Furcifir pardalis 1.0 living with 3.6 Bufo marinus 0.2 R. leachianus 0.1 Batrachomoeus trispinosus 0.0.1 (and 1.0 Pug)

www.AllStarGeckos.com
              www.ChameleonAddict.com
              Facebook Page

Comment

That...that was funny
                3.6.3 Crested Geckos
                0.0.1 Bearded dragon
                0.2.0 Marbled Crayfish
                0.0.1 Axolotl
                1.1.0 Cats (Lightbulb and Paperclip)

Kazzy's Kritters

My iHerp Page
                Middle TN Exotic Pets Club

Comment

Ummmm, Try multiple cameras on continuous mode with a strobe light on in a room of nothing but mirrors inside a huge lightbox....I think that might work!
                  STEVEN

Comment

Use angels and zoom in if you have to. Experiment with lighting to get the shadows just right. Plain old head on flash photography wont work, may need a little photo shop work to try and capture what you see accurately.

Darks can be a pain, I really enjoyed the comments in this thread, lol.
                    “they who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither nor safety”

Comment

I had a moon hole gecko once, and I also had a sun hole gecko too.

I was curious, so I paired them together but all they produced was this strange brown streaked gecko, and I decided not to sell them because the name for the offspring didn't sound all that marketable.
                      www.Gracious Geckos.com
                      Specializing in (but not limited to) R. auriculatus!
                      Facebook!

Comment

I get my best color results by photographing outside in sunlight.
                        19.21.10.45 Tokay Geckos: Normals, Granites, Patternless, Calico/Pieds, Hets, & Unproven Aberrants
                        7.6.0.16 Other Gekko species *** 1.1 Leachianus *** 5.10.7 Geckolepis maculata & typica Fish Scaled Geckos *** 1.0 CB Knight Anole
                        1.2 Pachydactylus tigrinus *** 1.0 Pyxie Frog *** 10 Tarantulas & 1 Jumping Spider
                        www.SpottedScales.com *** Spotted Scales FB

Comment

you should shove a big prism in your moonhole and see if that refracts the correct light

Comment

I take it you have come across more idiots claiming they have a "true moonglow" if your making such a thread.

. . . . that gives me an idea
                            19.21.10.45 Tokay Geckos: Normals, Granites, Patternless, Calico/Pieds, Hets, & Unproven Aberrants
                            7.6.0.16 Other Gekko species *** 1.1 Leachianus *** 5.10.7 Geckolepis maculata & typica Fish Scaled Geckos *** 1.0 CB Knight Anole
                            1.2 Pachydactylus tigrinus *** 1.0 Pyxie Frog *** 10 Tarantulas & 1 Jumping Spider
                            www.SpottedScales.com *** Spotted Scales FB

Comment

Originally posted by Kita View Post
                              I take it you have come across more idiots claiming they have a "true moonglow" if your making such a thread.

. . . . that gives me an idea
                              To the Lab!!!

Sorry couldn't pass it up, felt like a flash back moment of Yzma telling Kronk they should head to the lab
                              Eublepharis macularius 2.1 Normals, 1.1 TUG Phantoms
                              Rhacodactylus ciliatus 3.3.7.0
                              Rhacodactylus auriculatus 0.0.4
                              Lepidodactylus lugubris 0.2.0

Comment

Working...
                              X