No announcement yet.

What is more popular?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I personally prefer the male in the 1st pic ... at the end of the day its down to your own preference and what you want to achieve in future breeding efforts.... Regardless of what offspring is produced there will be people that love them and others that hate them... for example many people love the pinners I personally don't like them .... Either way they're both gorgeous geckos in their own right !!
    Gargoyle Gecko 3.1.2, Pygmy Mice (lots)
    Darren http://www.iherp.com/pennhillszoo

Comment

Just out of curiousity.....can you all tell me what PATTERN you like best? This is basically just for fun!!!! ALSO- Check out my new post...I bought my new male and am about to post him. Talk to you all soon!

Comment

Patterning I like Dalmations first and foremost but also like the harley patterning on the red cresties, then probably 3rd the tiger/brindle patterning on pretty much any colour lol

Comment

For sure! I agree about ANY dalmations...especially the super dalmations! The red/orange harleys and "halloweens" are pretty awesome too. what my plans are:
          1. add light grey/moonglow-ish SUPER dalmation female to my fire pair (see crested gecko post(s))- Can you imagine?!
          2. add orange/red/yellow SUPER dalmation female to my Tiger pair (also- see other posts)- hopefully get some nice colors there.
          3. add EITHER a RED/ORANGE patternless/bi-color, a RED/ORANGE extreme harley, or a RED/ORANGE SUPER dalmation female to my patternless pair (see posts)- I want some nice fall colors here!

JUST LIKE I SAID- I obviously am trying for some nice super dalmations/ super dalmation mixes and also for some extreme halloween/creamsickle types.....but I always have other ideas too so maybe concider some other unique morphs...who knows! I am excited to see what all of my babies (in eggs now) will turn out looking like too! Talk to you all soon!

Comment

Personally I iike the tiger you have best and I would try and improve that appearance and color. Keep in mind there are quarantine periods with new geckos and they should be followed for the good of the gecko. I like your decision to keep the flame also.
            STEVEN

Comment

Crestedkeeper- I am a smart cookie for. keeping the fire male....i agree and I really appreciate your comment on that and your help earlier. I am extremely happy in my decision to just buy the tiger male too. We weighed him and the others last night and he is borderind 48 grams (for those who asked!) and is a big fat bundle of joy. He is very docile and will hang out with you, even, without close supervision or escape. I am giving him 1-2 weeks alone (long enough?) and then will introduce the female into the same enclosure. I really hope he likes her and I get some breeding. Did you see his couple of WHITE spots behind his head too...very cool. So I have a question- In your oppinion, how can I improve the appearance of the babies?

Comment

I'd give him longer than 1-2 weeks of quarantine I think most people do up to a month ... the longer the better for example when i purchased Athena ... i have kept her in a seperate room and enclosure now for one month... I am not prepared to risk the others

Comment

A month, huh? wow...i have never waited that long between intros, and my cresteds have all bred and lived together fine. There is te 2 male exceptions- My fire male who is underweight (about 30 grams) and my tiger male that is new. Huh....I suppose I can do that!

Comment

Originally posted by hdavidf309 View Post
                    A month, huh? wow...i have never waited that long between intros, and my cresteds have all bred and lived together fine. There is te 2 male exceptions- My fire male who is underweight (about 30 grams) and my tiger male that is new. Huh....I suppose I can do that!
                    I give three months. Though I'm purchasing a breeder male soon, and I'm thinking about doing a shorter quarantine once I have both the male and female gecko looked over by a vet. If they both get a 100% okay, I'll probably do a 1.5-2 month QT instead of 3.

You really should quarantine your animals- recently someone adopted a rescue gecko who just had tons and tons of mucus coming out of its mouth. You never know what these animals are carrying.
                    The name Stella fills me with dread.
                    Mondegreen Geckos
                    >iHerp >Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by crestedkeeper View Post
                      Just wanted to clarify the fact that there is no brindle in these pics. The lavender is a Flame and the the other would be a Tiger.
                      Exactly, I would even dare to say those females are patternless.
                      Mondegreen Geckos
                      >iHerp >Facebook

Comment

How in the world do you see patternless?

Comment

Originally posted by hdavidf309 View Post
                          How in the world do you see patternless?
                          Because the gecko has no pattern. Incredibly faint same-color markings across the back, I've seen that called patternless before.
                          Mondegreen Geckos
                          >iHerp >Facebook

Comment

90 days is recommended for quarantines...

I wouldnt quite go patternless but its not far from it.
                            STEVEN

Comment

Honestly, I think that I agree to some extent...but she definately has pretty distinguished markings when fired up. She #1 doesnt fire too much (which sux a bit) and #2 my camera sucks, so honestly the pictures do her little to no justice compared to what she looks like in person. I am not arguing though...since she is fired down lots. Just wanted to state my peace.

Comment

Working...
                              X