Patternless crested?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patternless crested?

Picked this fellow up at a reptile show yesterday. Was told it is a patternless. In the pics it is different than when I got it. It was almost solid rust/red color with different tail. May be fired up in pics or before, unsure. What do you think it is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It looks patternless to me. Meaning no markings on the sides or dorsal. He's very cute! I hope you are enjoying him!
    Eileen
    TAD "Tiny Ancient Dinosaur" (Crestie), Hidey (Garg), O.G. "Office Gecko" (Bauer's Chameleon gecko), TBD "Tiny Badass Dragon" (Western Bearded Anole), 3.1.0
    Rody Jane (cattledog/stinkwad mix), Dixie Moonpie (rattledog) George P-Dog (lab/Great Pyr) 1.2.0, Ringer (barn cat) 1.0.0

Comment

I actually won this fellow in a raffle (3 entries for 5$). I could have chosen from others but thought his lack of markings unique. Upon reading about crested morphs it seems as if this is a less desirable trait, and more akin to the wild type coloration?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Usually the highly patterned ones are the most sought-after and most expensive. And you are right, yours is more of a "plain Jane" and more closely what you'd find in the wild - but he is also somewhat unique in that there really aren't that many patternless anymore, as most are breeding for the fancier stuff.

What matters most is that he is beautiful to you (I tend to go for the plain Janes too, and pretty much go by the "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" idea), and he probably has personality plus. He is just as lovable, no matter what his morph, and I'm sure he will give you a lifetime of pleasure in owning him!
        Eileen
        TAD "Tiny Ancient Dinosaur" (Crestie), Hidey (Garg), O.G. "Office Gecko" (Bauer's Chameleon gecko), TBD "Tiny Badass Dragon" (Western Bearded Anole), 3.1.0
        Rody Jane (cattledog/stinkwad mix), Dixie Moonpie (rattledog) George P-Dog (lab/Great Pyr) 1.2.0, Ringer (barn cat) 1.0.0

Comment

I personally love the patternless geckos and this one also seems to have an interesting trait of being paler on the sides than on the back. Nice healthy gecko!
          3.3.0 Correlophus ciliatus (crested geckos)

Comment

Working...
          X